Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Jesus COH OF is gold.

Release date of 9/25.

I think I am going to be sitting this one out. Not Halo 3 mind you just I don't like the beta.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Lord Jesus COH OF is gold.

I didn't play the beta. What was wrong with it?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Well, they are continuously patching, but in all honestly it will take some months before new factions vs. old factions are balanced. The old factions are a joke vs. the new ones at the moment plus the eternal uselessness of T4 in 1v1 games. Reducing it's cost to escalate from 65 to 50 doesn't even begin to address the bigger issues involved in it's uselessness. The Wehrmacht are still dicked for no cheap healing capabilities and armor/blitz has decreased in utility by about 20-30% while infantry and terror have increased utility by about 40-50%.

Kinda sucks the new factions have 3 feasible doctrine choices for each faction while the old factions are reduced to 1.5 per faction. (infantry/RHS armor and terror/blitz kinda... ya, the Wehrmacht got really hosed)

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
        I didn't play the beta. What was wrong with it?
        They made a ton of changes to almost everything, let me make a short list...

-1 tiger/pershing at a time
        -Terror gets a king tiger instead of the ace, it costs nothing other than reducing your manpower intake by 100/minute for 5 minutes. This tank is a freaking beast.
        - Increased the munitions cost of RA in def doctrine.
        - Altered the infantry combat to make it less about cover/reinforcement and more about zerging positions and healing capabilities.
        - The Brit cheese rush is still in the game, it's quite easy to cut off an opponents supply on angoville as brits and there isn't jack you can do about it until T2 ot T3 depending on the opposing faction.
        - Buffed rangers 'zooka accuracy (needed) and also gave them elite armor. 2 squads of rangers+thompsons now will kill 3x their manpower in a straight fight. Both changes were unnecessary.
        - Every faction now has some insane artillery at their disposal, making defense doctrine worthless.
        - Blitz is garbage other then for storms and assault grenades.
        - Wehrmacht MG's are useless vs. Brit's, as are snipers vs. infantry in trenches.
        - PE, the supposed armored faction, doesn't have to make more then 3 different unit types to win, and only 1 of those would be considered armor. They can via purchasing upgrades upgrade their base unit, the panzer-grenadiers to be able to do everything from have a killer short-range weapon (mp44's) to At capabilities (shreks) to long range effectiveness (G43's) along with incendiary grenades and AT nades.
        -Brit's start with roughly a 600ish manpower advantage as they begin the game with an infantry section already upgraded to the recon ability and enough manpower to instantly make another infantry section( recon makes them move faster in non-controlled territory as without that upgrade they move super-slow and that upgrade gets a "marksman ability" which for a small munitions cost you can snipe a unit with them.) That ability has a fairly short cooldown
        - LT stacking is still in the game... Brit's officers get upgraded, not their basic units. These officers have a "command aura" that any of that unit type gets their bonuses. Higher they are upgraded, the better the bonuses. (LT's and Captains for infantry, command tanks for armor)
        - Pioneers/engineers are free experience to the brits or PE respectively.
        - Volks are garbage vs. the Brit's even supported early game.

I can go further but I think you get the point.

Comment

cant wait for this...i just wanna beat up on the computer :D

Comment

Ill probably get it. Relic seems to be listening to the community much more this go around, and each change so far in the beta patches has seemed good and came from the community. So long as that trend continues, i think most of those problems you mentioned above will sort themselves out. I agree with all of those problems, but i don't think they're game breaking enough to not buy it.

Comment

From Buggo on the GR.org forums:

Originally posted by Buggo
              Yes we have indeed gone gold...
              Yes there will be a 0-day patch and post product support as for all our games...
              And yes Team Automatch will be included during a later patch. We ran into many connectivity problems with the beta that we needed to spend time fixing to make sure the online experience was working properly. We still want to do Team Automatch (I know I am looking forward to it the most) and will add it at a later time. Team Automatch is a priority for us over Observer mode so please be patient!
              Quite ridiculous when they promised team automatch in OF... then release it WITHOUT it. I suspect once the SP campaign was done, THQ pushed it out the door, multiplayer be damned.
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I would also like to add that vet is broken as ever and trenches act as like double heavy cover.

Basically Panzergrenadiers and tommies have a new class of infantry armor that alot of weapons do less damage to. It causes volks to be useless against tommies and make BARs a not so good upgrade to get against PG.

I wish these issues would get fixed but based on DOW, WA, DC, and CoH I am not counting on it. Thus with all the other great games coming out I am sitting this one out.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Trenches are hard to use. If your up against PE, an incendiary nade will force the brits out. If PE wins the rest of that battle, they can have the trench. If your up against Wehr, nades and flamers do the trick nicely. Trenches are mostly just to soften up the enemy because you force him to advance forward to get the Brits out. Because of all that you cannot just spam them everywhere, because they will be used against ya. But if you build them within range of your tanks, arty, mortars, etc you do better.

Comment

Santa: as Brit's you never just "leave the trench". You hit delete twice to scuttle the trench so the PE should never get your trench...

Let me lay it out more clearly, as this will work against ANY player, top or newb.

Let's say ango, brits on the bottom, wehr on the top. You move that first recon squad to the left side cut-off point. Take it and dig a trench, now you get that trench dug quickly and get inside of it. While all that is occuring, I'm making a second infantry section, and you are building your first structure. Now, my 2nd infantry section is out while your first unit is almost completed. I move him right up the road so I don't get a movement penalty and put that squad in that first trench and move the recon squad to the other side. While this is happening I am making either a LT or a bren. We'll say you have 2 pio squads and a volks squad. Now if you throw all those units against just one of mine, you will loose that fight due to the new armor everytime, micro doesn't matter. Anyway, I cap the other cut-off point and dig a trench and put the recon squad in that trench. The Bren and LT get done and I cap the rest of the map with them, moving to support whichever side you try and attack. You are stuck with 1 +5 fuel, and 1 +5 munitions. Flamers and nades aren't really an option now are they? Snipers or MG's? The sniper will miss 8/10 shots against units in trenches, and the mg isn't worth the 260 it costs against the Brit's. Somehow it doesn't seem right I can use my marksman ability to snipe units out of your 150 mp bunkers, but my free trench essentially negates your 340 mp sniper.

Can it be beat? sure, but you have to play flawlessly and I have to screw up somewhere. If I add in a 3" pit to start hitting your base defenses, you might as well just submit and leave the game. And if you need to get the flame-nades just to move out from your base, won't I be significantly ahead in tech, making the outcome basically a forgone conclusion just waiting for the last act to be played. I've played and beaten Placebo a few times while we were testing out some strats on ango. (that's a smurf name for one of the top players) He is without question a better player then me, but with certain strats even with him knowing what I am going to do, he can't beat me, and vice-versia. It's not "balanced" when the better player knows what the weaker player is going to do and still can't do anything to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom View Post
                      Basically Panzergrenadiers and tommies have a new class of infantry armor that alot of weapons do less damage to. It causes volks to be useless against tommies and make BARs a not so good upgrade to get against PG.
                      A-men. The only possible way BAR's are useful vs. PE is if he doesn't get group zeal and if he doesn't use his vet for defensive upgrades and if you have the munitions to use SF liberally. I don't know about you, but that looks like an awful lot of "if's" to me for something to be useful.

Comment

Two things would help this game SO SO much.

1) Equal squad sizes. There are so many insta-gibs in this game. When I first heard the PE had 3 man squads my first response was still not getting it.

2) The easiest way to fix Axis vet. Scrap all the other vet systems and give all four sides either PE or Allied vet.

However none of these will be done, hell they won't even be considered as possibilities. First the community would be screaming mirror and Relic is so high on itself when it comes to the vet systems.

These ideas come from a theory I have. That part (of the many) problems that CoH has is that Relic just went to far to keep the sides different. That in and of itself isn't too bad but when you go to ridiculous lengths like give all four sides different vet systems and different squad sizes it kinda goes a bit too far. Seriously is there honestly a need to have the Americans and Wehrmacht use two different upkeep systems.

I apology for all the venting. I just get really fired up over CoH. Now I rag on it alot but I do love the game. I just hate all the big/little things that hold it back so much.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

The two fixes you suggested would make all the sides too similar. CoH is a fresh breath of air because of it's varying gameplay imo.

Comment

I personally think relic wants to have the new factions overpowered for awhile, to encourage people to buy the expansion. 2 or 3 months down the road, they will miraculously "fix" the old factions to be pretty balanced.

It's a "business" decision not a "design" or "balance" decision. The people who only care about comp games and/or the SP campaign don't really care as much about the balance as the online crowd. They will buy the game with the balance between the factions not where it should be because that isn't a factor in deciding whether or not that should purchase the game.

Not taking a shot at the comp stomper's at all, each to their own you know. That just how I see it.

Comment

I was thinking about that myself but it seemed a bit extreme. Even for me.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X