CoH: OF in stores and download...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoH: OF in stores and download...

Just FYI, in case you didn't know yet... Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts is not only in stores now but also available for digital purchase and download at:
    http://www.direct2drive.com/

8 gig download, compared to 4 gigs for the first game, (which BTW, you do not need to install the expansion), which should mean there is more then double the content...right? lol
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: CoH: OF in stores and download...

None of the popular retail stores (BestBuy, CircuitCity, Target, Gamestop, and Walmart) had a copy of the game where I live. I searched high and low. Hoping one of them gets a shipment in tomorrow. I almost bought a download, but something about owning something physical kept me from doing it. I guess I'm old fashion that way.

Comment

I have been thinking and thinking about this, I just got WIC in the mail last week and I will only play this if alot are getting it, I had so much fun during beta doing games and tactics... Anymore going to play this and have like a game night every week or such? If not, I'll save the $$$ for another game in October lol

Comment

I picked it up, they addressed my balance concerns although the game was still released entirely to early. Automatch doesn't allow one to use new maps.

BTW, 10 new maps with this expansion. 1 4v4, 2 3v3's, 3 2v2's and 4 1v1 maps. That along with some alterations of the old maps. Semois had the fuels at the exterior VP's swapped with the high munitions..

You would have a nice 1.8 gig download if you don't purchase the game to update your vanilla CoH, then a 137 mb patch, with the expansion, only the 137 mb patch.

THQ really humped the pooch in marketing. 2 gamestops I went to didn't even know it was released, and the third had just gotten it in no 45 minutes before I got there. As someone on gamereplays said, THQ could have paid 4 stoner high-school dropouts to spam forums and would have gotten their product out more in the public eye then their PR department did.

Comment

Yeah I was still thinking November... and very disappointed the new maps are only a few for 2v2's and up....

And yeah my gamestop didn't even know about it was expecting it like later this week.. very bad PR, alot are probably still thinking November...

Comment

2 of the new 1v1 maps are really excellent maps both tactically and strategically. Only 1 matchup is horribly unbalanced at the moment. Pe vs. USA is way in the PE's favor.

PE gets an armored car, essentially a puma at 65 fuel base, 110 fuel with upgrading squad sizes first. The issue is if the PE upgrades squad size to 4, they roll over rifleman like they were engineers unless the rifleman have BAR's. If you get BAR's first you wont ever get a MP in time to be usefull. USA vs. PE is about the USA guy hoping to get rangers right around the time the first AC hits the field. A rax opening has zero chance to hold half the map vs. 4 man PG squads with g43's scattered around and scout cars. That means there is no fast MP like vs. the vanilla Germans.

Comment

I didn't enjoy the beta enough to buy it so this one is on hold for me.

On top of that I am swarmed with PVCs, resins, games, and more.
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

It comes down to personal preference. I didn't enjoy WiC anywhere near as much as you guys did. The MP isn't a "serious" game for WiC in my opinion, just a fun thing to destroy cities.

Each to their own.

Comment

I still haven't installed the patch, and I don't intend on getting OF in the near future. There are many reports on GR.org and Relicnews that your CoH install must be on the C: drive to be patched. Which is impossible for me, because my C: drive is assigned to a flash card reader. If this is the case, I'll have to reformat just to play CoH, which I don't have the time or energy to do to get one game to work.
                  "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I think that just kills me on OF in the long run. I don't any space on my C drive to install steam games let alone CoH.

The MP in WIC is serious. There is more team work in a game of WIC then CoH. WIC is the BF2 of RTS games.
                    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                      I still haven't installed the patch, and I don't intend on getting OF in the near future. There are many reports on GR.org and Relicnews that your CoH install must be on the C: drive to be patched. Which is impossible for me, because my C: drive is assigned to a flash card reader. If this is the case, I'll have to reformat just to play CoH, which I don't have the time or energy to do to get one game to work.
                      Can't say about that.

As for the WiC stuff, I don't want to get into a comparison because they are essentially 2 different genre's of game. However I would hope there would be teamwork in WiC since you don't play that 1v1. :)

Comment

Jury is out then, saving $$$ for another game :)

Comment

Patch worked on the first try.

Still going to hold off on buying OF though. Maybe when I start getting sick of the vanilla factions, or I get jealous enough of the folks with the expansion, I'll pick it up. :)
                          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I saw alot tonight playing with the factions when I looked for a game, I'm getting a lil jealous because I just loved playing with the new toys

Comment

Well I bought it...it's different. I'm still learning. But, if you got a good thing don't ruin it. I feel like they may have ruined a good thing in the expansion. Its feels like a completely different game with the same graphics in a negative way. (duh?) I don't know how else to describe it. I think I'll stick to single player until I learn the units moreso. You're right Vegabond, WiC or CoH? that is the question.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X