AAR 10-2-07 Lord Zarfax and NorCalRoach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAR 10-2-07 Lord Zarfax and NorCalRoach

What fun we had tonight! Lord Zarfax and I teamed up against some pubs on one of the beta maps. We both went Panzer Elites against American and British forces. Intially we fought both factions independently, my squads were heading for the middle then northern control points and his toward the south. Our opponents established themselves pretty quickly however. My attempts at the northside were useless against his MG that was garrisoned in a key building. My guys kept getting pinned down. He affectively expoited this weakness with flanking units. I watched my poor units crawl away in vain.

Zarfax gained and lost in the south end as well initially, very similar to my situation up north. He'd hit key reasource points and then retreat his units once his opponent gained reinforcements after being pushed back. Our situation was dire since our Victory Point count was around half of the other team's at a little over 15 mins into the game.

At some point we decided to concentrate our attacks to the southern end together. I went with the scorched earth PE doctrine and supported his tanks and infantry with artillary. They didn't expected that and the strategy worked. We slowed our victory point defecit enough to gain time to launch a full attack on our opponents bases individually. In the end Zarfax brought the heat with his thunder down under. His tanks and my artillary annihillated our opponents fleeting disires of coming back. Good team work prevailed.

Our second match didn't go quite as well lol. I'll let IMI-50 and Morganan elaborate. All I have to say is rangers. Our inexperience shined against these two strategists. Good games for sure. Lookin' forward to the next match.
    Last edited by NorCalRoach; 10-03-2007, 02:50 AM.

Re: AAR 10-2-07 Lord Zarfax and NorCalRoach

I'll post the replay if nobody else does, it was a good match. Rangers are seriously the best option the Americans have for anti-tank at this point. My motor pool units were useless other then my fast quad, and that was only effective for a few minutes. I could have gone tank depot, but honestly nothing is as effective as rangers with thompsons at the moment. IMI played as Brit's and from about the mid-game handled heavy armor and infiltration via Commando's and firefly's/Tertriach's with a Vet3 Command tank while I handled infantry via ranger squads and a few rifle squads. At one point I had an infantry blob of 7 ranger squads and 3 rifle squads. That mixture of infantry just mauls armor with stickies to slow them down and have the rangers envelop the tank(s). I actually got useful units from the off map call-in as I got an M-10 each [email protected]!

I think if your partner had gone terror for propaganda war and the king tiger and T2 for Gren squads and T3 for nebel's/Stug's and you accentuated that with your Half-tracks and Mortar half tracks Mp-44 panzer grenadiers and Marder3's we would have been toast. As I said afterwards going tank destroyer doctrine the armor piercing shells makes the Pz4 infantry tank equally as effective as the Wehrmacht Pz4 tank killer. (with both upgrade's mind you) The Armor piercing shells is an "always on" ability that really is devestating and the Pz4 from the Panzer Elite is really a ranger-killer with full upgrades and Defensive veterancy.

GG

Comment

Alright im picking up OF... just need to come catch you when your online

Comment

One word.....Pwnage.:row__593:

Seriously, the other guys can probably give you a better AAR, but I'll just say a few things. I was debating going Arty or Commandos, and it wouldv'e been interesting to see how things would have been different if I had gone Arty, but as I told NorCal, would you prefer Commandos landing in your base every so often and causing trouble, or would you prefer having one section of your base pounded into the ground by 3 artillery pieces every ninety seconds?
        playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
        I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

Commandos are sooooo strong it's difficult to try anything else.

Comment

80 munitions arty really makes the commando tree. The commandos themselves are good and all but that arty is just so cheap and effective.

Comment

When do you guys play. I really want to play against you and see were my skill lv is compared to yours.
              Instead of calling someone a noob, you should take that same amount of time to help them.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwhitehawk View Post
                When do you guys play. I really want to play against you and see were my skill lv is compared to yours.
                A handful of people play on a semi-regular basis. You can find me on a nightly basis, but being on the westcoast is tough to get things going when most of the players on the east.

Comment

I play when I can, but I have only been playing the single player campaign lately because of the problems with RO. I hear it's fixed now, so I'll probably start playing multi again sometime soon. We don't have a set schedule though.
                  "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I'd like to get some TG games if it wasn't for the fact that the Panzer Elite are so goddamn overpowered and make the game frustrating to play.

Comment

Hrmm, I wouldn't be to sure about the PE being horribly overpowered.

I've so far only incurred 1 loss as Brit's vs. PE, (14-3 overall between my main and smurf account as Brit's) and the 2 jeep start as US vs. PE goes a long way to evening out the match-up. Not saying it's perfectly balanced, but a good portion of the "imbalanced" argument comes from people not wanting to adapt tactics from what worked pre-OF.

In team games however a lot of the issues that make the PE "overpowered" fall by the wayside. Sat night Norcal and I played IMI-50 and Lord Zarfax Brit/US vs. PE/PE respectively and did quite well. It was Commando/Infantry Co. vs. Luftwaffe/Luftwaffe. Dual jeep start for me allowed me to hunt down and exterminate 3 Kett's in the early game, allowing us to hold 4 fuels to the PE's 2. I had an M-8 quite early and it was a serious thorn in their side until the twin panther spam started up.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X