Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get rid of the British trenches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get rid of the British trenches?

Morganan pointed this out in the OF Gone Gold Forum. The trench advantage is a tough cookie to crack. Iím poking for potential solutions. Fortunately, my opponent didnít build trenches all over the map, but he did build a few near two victory control points. I was able to control the half of the map which had one control point so it slowed my VCP ticket loss slightly. His men entrenched did a good job at stopping my guys from taking any of his VCPís.

To counter this, I sent in 1 StuG with an armored car and support from two grenadier squads (upgraded w/ panzerschrecks, I shouldíve went with machine gun upgrade but I didnít know what to expect). I was very surprised at how little damage my attacking force did to the trenches, even with the tank and armored car. I ended up having to pull them out after about 30-35 secs of straight pounding due to a mortar barrage from somewhere behind the trenches. I tried to stay close to the trenches, but the mortar rounds worked in his favor.

I barely pulled the win by building a 2 neblewerfers (sp?) and sending artillery rounds every chance I got. Their flame shells burned the men entrenched but the trench survived. He repeatedly added more units to them, which in the end was his down fall. If he didnít make that mistake, he wouldnít have had any troubles beating me with a ticket victory.

Anyone have any good strategies against the men in trenches? I tried treating it like a building but lobbing grenades didnít seem to affect them as it would have if they were in buildings.

Re: How do you get rid of the British trenches?

You've gotta use flame weapons, either WP nades/mortars if you're PE or Flamethrower Pios and Halftracks if you're Wehrmacht. Direct fire weapons and normal arty are ineffective against the troops in the slit trench.
    playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
    I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

He's asking how to destroy the trench itself, not the people in it.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalRoach View Post
        Anyone have any good strategies against the men in trenches?
        Bam.

As for the trench, I find things that make big booms work well.
        playing off the TG server feels like we're playing 2142 on easy mode~Fehmart

I'm going to close my eyes until it's over~Experiment, commenting on my driving

"Get it up quickly and beat it hard."~Jonan
        I don't get a bonus DVD? My life has lost all meaning.~Zoopy_T

Comment

Your aim is to make the trench a non-factor, destroying the trench itself is a bonus. The trenches give bonuses vs. weapon crews, so mortar/mg's are useless. The trench is considered a structure like anything else in this game, but unlike bunkers you cannot target the trench itself so your can't technically try to kill it...

However, anything with flame works wonderfully. For Wehrmacht that's a flammenwerfer, flamer pioneers a nebelwerfer or a walking stuka. Also the Assault grenades From the Blitzkreig doctrine do wonders as they force your opponent to move out of the trench to make you stop throwing. A tip, use the assault grenades from 1 squad, and move another right up beside the trench and take it the second he leaves it. Regular grenades work but they seem to be underwhelming. The Stormtrooper's Bundled grenades work well also, as they leave the trench at about 25% health after going off. You also can snipe the men out of there, but you will miss 2/3 shots typically, so it's not super-effective.

Comment

2 or 3 regular nades seem to clear out trenches pretty well. Getting rid of them completely is a whole other story. I find it better to take over the trench for myself because the Brits have a tough time clearing out trenches.

Comment

Lol to get rid of trenches double tap delete when u have troops in them. And when you are trying to clear them always use nades or fire base weapons.
              Instead of calling someone a noob, you should take that same amount of time to help them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X