Help agains PE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help agains PE

Hereís the dealÖIím ranked at level 7 for 1v1 American Army matches and can hold my own against average Whermacht players. My problem is when Iím against a Panzer Elite spam of grenadiers and panzerschrecks. I do my best to be aggressive and cut off his fuel or other available resources. Each map is different and Iíve tried different combinations to get a motorpool up and running. Every game is starting to look the same now: PE just mobs my M8ís with schrecks; my infantry is no match for his spammed Mp40 units so I have to retreat- giving him an upper hand on capping resources; My HMG/sniper combo+2 infantry is no match for his mob, AT+HMG+2 infantry still canít hold them back especially when he gets an armored car up and running. Iíve tried skipping the motorpool and upgrading my infantry w/ BARS and grenades, but his squads w/ MP40ís are a killer. Iím doing my best at microíing but ffs I am constantly overpowered and helpless against this tactic. Any tips? Replays that I can view? I may have to start practicing the British since I canít do doddoo with Americans any more.

Re: Help agains PE

Americans suck, your best bet is Tommie squads to rip apart any MP's. Ranger blobs help too, as for armour its pretty retarded, you shudnt make any armour apart from M10's only if needed.

Ur rangers will rip apart any tank they send on you.

TBH< you shud watch out for welmarcht, since welmarcht is the most OP force if played well.

Comment

Search gamereplays.org for some of nuvion's replays. He made a new account since OF came out and recently took #1 on the American side. I know for awhile he was a fan of the mg/dual sniper/engineer spam (3-5 squads) vs. PE to take advantage of the small squad sizes to win fights. (2 snipers+3 engineer squads> 4 pg squads with any upgrade)

Volks get mp-40's, and pioneers without flamer upgrades have mp-40's, Panzer grenadiers upgrade to mp-44's, the same guns that knights cross holders get and stormtroopers upgrade to at T4.

Each schreck squad has 25% less firepower, so rifleman should be just fine vs. them. Mp-44's you want to keep at medium/long range with or without BAR's. I would maybe suggest a quad microed so he never gets a good shot at it and also allow you to reinforce in the field. I think you have to judge racing for the m8 or the quad based off his fuel income. If he is getting enough fuel compared to you to get shrecks and marders fairly quickly, get the quad and keep it at range as shreck squads and marders spell quick death for your M8. I think you have to concentrate on getting rifles and wsc units (mainly snipers/mg's) and add in AT guns when you can afford it and worry about denying his fuel.

Mainly I'd say stick with Nuvion's replays as your best source of advice.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll check out Nuvion's replays. I spent some time on RelicForums the last few days and came away with a pretty decent strategy against PE spams that seems to work about 70% of the time w/ the remaining 30% needed for practice/refinement for it to work properly against experienced players. It's very similar to what Morganan described w/ mortars, snipers, mg, and engineer flamthower combined w/ the M8's.

Edit: I'm confused. Some forums say that the American rifles are better at mid to long range, but others say they're better at short range. Which is it?
        Last edited by NorCalRoach; 01-02-2008, 10:54 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Depends who you are fighting.

Dont close up with volks squads with mp40's or any squad with an mp44 with your rifle squad. Get close vs. g43 squads/shreck squads/storms without mp44's or non-upgraded volks squads

Comment

any kind of smgs>garands>kar98/g43>enfield

this is close range reverse for long

(not sure if the g43 outclasses the enfield at long range or not)

Note:1 volks/grenadier(minus upgrades) squad will most likely not beat 1 brit squad even at point blank, due to the manpower difference

mp44s as assault rifles are actually pretty good at every range.

Not sure if you guys have seen this http://www.coh-stats.com/

Pretty good source of all kinds of in game stats some of which he explains in depth.

Durrr, you have the link in the first post of the sticky topic...
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X