CoH: Tales of Valor announced...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoH: Tales of Valor announced...

As I was reading the holiday 2008 edition of PC Gamer I ran across an "exclusive announcement" on pg. 22.

Coming Spring of 2009 is another add-on for Company of Heroes, called "Tales of Valor". ToV will have 3 mini-campaigns about an hour and a half long. So it's not a huge expansion, but it concentrates more on battles and combat then base building. It will also make way for a new way to download extra and custom campaigns and/or missions according to the article.

Consider yourself advised. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: CoH: Tales of Valor announced...

When are they adding new armies?

I could go for the Russians and the Japanese or something like that.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I got CoH in a box as a freebie with a video card(acutally twice, 8800GT in SLI FTW!), but never installed it..

I do not even know what it "really" is about..

I assumed it was just another FPS like CoD or something..but you guys make it sound like it may be more like ArmA..

Comment

No, it's a top down view real time strategy game.
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Amazon is strange sometimes... http://www.amazon.com/Company-Heroes...8868460&sr=1-1

Well, I'll be picking this up when it releases, especially if it's $30. Just hope balance isn't horrible like previous times...

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
          In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/142747...ls_112008.html

Trailer out for it.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

My understanding is that this add on will not change (competitive)multiplayer at all. It adds a couple of small single player campaigns and some new skins for units.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                My understanding is that this add on will not change (competitive)multiplayer at all. It adds a couple of small single player campaigns and some new skins for units.
                There will be a pretty substantial multiplayer patch before this expansion is released, though. It's rumored to be the last major patch for the game. I'm sure Relic would like to move more people over to the DoWII team post-release.

I am starting to cool off on CoH, mostly because I just hate playing against the OF factions and I don't much enjoy playing them, except for PE from time to time. Also, playing against a competent allied team in team games is basically a huge waste of time if they have a Brit player due to the resource sharing imbalance. Can't say I'm going to be first in line at the store to get Tales of Valor, but I do enjoy playing CoH every now and again with my clan, Stomach Batallion.

Comment

it is very tactical. your units can use cover and if they are out on an open road they have a red shield which virtually means... Idiot squad here!!! Shoot!!!
                  We're not retreating, we're advancing in another direction

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
                    I got CoH in a box as a freebie with a video card(acutally twice, 8800GT in SLI FTW!), but never installed it..

I do not even know what it "really" is about..

I assumed it was just another FPS like CoD or something..but you guys make it sound like it may be more like ArmA..
                    I would liken it to RISK.
                    But instead of having static units. These are animated and look super cool!! Definitely install this game it's hours of fun waiting to suck you in!
                    I need to go and buy this game again. Since my original disc was introduced to a dusty floor and a 3 year old with an obsession with shiny things.

Comment

Do'h, it was just on sale on Steam for dirt cheap! I think they were selling the Gold pack for 50% off.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X