Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey everyone, I have a question for you.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone, I have a question for you.

Hi everyone! I hail from the Battlefield 2142 section of TG, but I have a question I need answered about Company of Heroes.

Up at the college I'm studying at my friends are hosting a LAN party game night and one of the games is going to be Company of Heroes. I know nothing about playing this game and this question has nothing to do with learning how. What I would like to know is, can you spectate multiplayer matches. I would like to record their games and make a video out of them, but I need to know if I can spectate with out doing the whole "I choose one of the allied spots but don't do anything."

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again!
    sigpic

Re: Hey everyone, I have a question for you.

At the end of every match, you have an option of saving the replay of it. So when all the matches are done and over with, you can view them over and record them like that.

Comment

So after the matches I can have them save the replay, transfer the file to my computer and watch the replay, have full control over where I put the camera and record? Sweet, if I heard that correctly that is exactly what I need. Thank you Axis.
      sigpic

Comment

It's saved in a .dem format. So you'll need the game to watch it on your own computer. But yes, you can switch cameras and all that junk.

Comment

Well my friends mentioned that they could hook me up with a copy of the game for the game night. So I could get the shots I need recorded and then make the movie. It will work out, thanks Axis for your quick response!
          sigpic

Comment

No problem. I'm literally here all night.

Comment

Wait, you can record a game without even being in it?

Comment

Well, sort of. You can take a replay from someone elses game (saved in .dem format), load it into your copy of Company of Heroes, and record the replay. You can move the camera around in the replay just like you can in the game, so you can use whatever perspective you want.

The only thing you can't do is spectate a live game in progress.
                "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Plan on posting your video here. I'm a fan of good gaming vid's especially CoH vid's and wouldn't mind checking out yours.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X