Thinking of picking up COH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of picking up COH

Hello, I have been out of the strategy game loop for quite awhile (havent been into it since Starcraft and Warcrafts) I was looking into trying COH but had one question.

Can real strategy such as flanking and ect prevail in this game? or does it just turn into who has the most units and just attacks in a blob?

thanks

Re: Thinking of picking up COH

Flanking can work pretty well in this game.
    Spamming units has been a problem in the past. Though usually you can get a bunker or MG unit to suppress alot of infantry or use armor to break through a meatgrinder.

Comment

There are many strategies made possible by the game. In the past when I followed the game, there was almost always some glaring issues with balance. While I haven't been paying very close attention lately, I'm willing to bet it is the same.

That said, its still fun if you play with friends and/or don't plan on playing only to win.
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

ya wanting a few friends of mine to grad it too...not much luck in persuading them so far

Comment

It's dirt cheap, tell em to just DO it! It'll probably be on sale for like $5 bucks for the base game on Steam after Christmas.
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

i just got it for 10 off of steam.
            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Tales of Valor is $8 at D2D!
              http://www.direct2drive.com/2/7600/p...Valor-Download

Comment

Oh yeah flanking works REALLY well.

For example, tanks armor are very sensitive, keep pounding a tank from the front, you have a chance of taking out the main gun albeit it is more difficult to kill (front armor = strongest), side armor is weaker than front armor, back armor is the bulls eye you want to hit because its the softest part of the tank, and you have a chance of taking out the engine and killing it faster. Also the game factors in hitting the TOP of the tank, which is also a very soft part of the tank.

And about the most units wins thing, it doesn't work as well in this game. If you have say, 3 MG Squads behind some sand bags (this game uses real time cover-system) with their MGs faced RIGHT towards the point of entry. The enemy could send tens of squads at you head on and they would probably die...

So yeah, you won't be disappointed in this game if you like using a multitude of strategies.
                In DayZ, you either die a Survivor or live long enough to see yourself become a Bandit.

Comment

http://www.coh-stats.com/

Wonderful site if you want to know some of the statistics and systems behind the game.

I don't think there is side or top armor for vehicles. Its front/rear or the same all around.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I'm still a active player so if u want to tag a match, its LiquidWatcher

Comment

COH is great, lets battle!

Comment

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1529/

$12.49 on steam for original game + both standalone expansions for the weekend
                        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Yeah I couldn't pass that up for all 3, that's just insane. I used to play DoW2 and DoW so I like Relic, even if people were constantly complaining (sometimes rightfully so) about balance they are all incredibly fun games.
                          "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                          -- Red Forman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X