Blitzkrieg Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blitzkrieg Mod

For those of you that still play COH, you should check out Blitzkrieg mod.

Here is a list of features copied from moddb.

# a much more realistic Weapon damage system (particularly the damage & penetration powers of tank guns)
    # many new skins for infantry and tanks (and wrecks) also including many of my own made tank skins
    # many new units for all factions
    # greatly changed & expanded Commander Trees
    # many new abilities
    # new sounds
    # a total of 32 new recommended maps included
    # historical correct vehicle & turret traverse speeds
    # more detailed tank descriptions (armament & armour)
    # increased line of sight & weapon ranges
    # increased zoom out
    # removed team colours
    # removed transparency effects

A link to the mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/blitzkrieg

The 1st has been playing this almost every day in our channel if anyone is interested in playing. I also made a realism edit to the mod to make it more balanced and realistic for the allies. Here is a list of things I changed to make it more realistic.

*Changed M1 Garand fire rate from 1 shot every 3 seconds to 1 shot every
    .6 seconds
    *Changed Kar 98 fire rate from 1 shot every .7 seconds to 1 shot every 1 second
    *Changed Lee endfield from 1 shot every 2 seconds to 1 shot every 1 second.
    *changed accuracy on SMGs, No longer effective at long range but now extremely effective at close range.
    *Changed all tanks armor and guns the Sherman Jumbo no longer has same armor as regular sherman
    *Changed prices on all units, tanks are expensive and need to be managed but are effective against everything.
    * AT guns cost ammo because they can easily destroy tanks
    * Basic infantry coss less but are not nearly as effective as elite.
    * Elite will kill all basic infantry with ease unless heavily out numbered.
    *Build times on everything reduced, no more waiting 5 minutes for something to build.
    *various other changes, only things I changed are weapons stats, unit stats and prices I did not touch the doctrines
    Early game, the allies have an advantage but once the Germans get later war technology it gets a bit hard for the allies and requires effective use of tactics. However, the allies do have some good weapons that can defeat later war technology.

If you want to try my edit then find me on TS or PM me and I will help you set it up.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod

I just picked up this mod last night and I've been playing it for a while (Trying to anyways)
    It's crazy complicated for me, but the whole realism aspect is awesome and I love it. When do you all usually get on to play?

Comment

We play most days anywhere from 4pm to 9pm EST. On weekends we are usually around all day.
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
        We play most days anywhere from 4pm to 9pm EST. On weekends we are usually around all day.
        Okay sweet! Sounds good!
        Hopefully see you guys online sometime :D

Comment

I'm loving it socom, but there's always that one ditch. You know the one:

:)

Comment

ha that's pretty funny axis!

i love it too, really changed CoH for me. Only problem i have is it sometimes keeps crashing on me :(
            AnimalMother
            Ex TG-31st LR
            "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
            sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Check your video settings Animal. Mine was doing the same thing, had to lower all my settings and it works fine now.

Comment

i seem to be doing fine now i went from high to medium, was so frustrating being on the edge of winning and getting it crash!
                AnimalMother
                Ex TG-31st LR
                "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

This looks awesome! Got CoH the other day after seeing animal play it, have to wait till i get back to University today to download the mod though, spending the summer at my parent's house with backwards internet doesn't really tend to quick downloads! Mod looks awesome though!

Comment

A little advice Paris: Don't let the Wehrmacht get a King Tiger into your base. last time I played against Germans I tracked a King Tiger in my base and it killed every single tank I made when it was built instantly :)

Comment

hehe i had a similar problem with an ostwind once, couldn't get any inf near it to kill it, was quite a major pain

and paris i have the files on memory stick :)
                      AnimalMother
                      Ex TG-31st LR
                      sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

This is a great mod once you get the edition that Socom and his friend have been working on. The original Blitz mod heavily favors the german player. With the realism changes made with socom's edition which changes costs and overall unit tweaks it's the best thing since sliced bread for CoH.
                        FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

found a minor bug with the patch22

the US recon squad have the binos and grenade special function on the same spot

also a suggestion would be to give the US Ranger Captain the binocular ability, and possibly one of the paratrooper squads (not sure if 101st or 82nd would be better suited) the option of rifle grenades. Not sure how well used rifle grenades are (i saw them on BoB forgive me) but possible for the Basic ranger squad, so thompsons or RGs

question: what do you use to edit the files or change these types of things? as i'd like to have a personal attrib if its simple enough
                          AnimalMother
                          Ex TG-31st LR
                          sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalMother View Post
                            found a minor bug with the patch22

the US recon squad have the binos and grenade special function on the same spot

also a suggestion would be to give the US Ranger Captain the binocular ability, and possibly one of the paratrooper squads (not sure if 101st or 82nd would be better suited) the option of rifle grenades. Not sure how well used rifle grenades are (i saw them on BoB forgive me) but possible for the Basic ranger squad, so thompsons or RGs

question: what do you use to edit the files or change these types of things? as i'd like to have a personal attrib if its simple enough
                            I can implement all the things you requested soon.
                            Also to change attrib files you need Coresix modding tools http://modstudio.corsix.org/
                            It requires a lot of patience because you have to find every single item used and edit it and it requires some good math skills.
                            |TG-73rd|Socomseal

Comment

new version of blitz is in the works, with a release hopefully before christmas

just wondering, will you be doing a tweak of the new version socom?
                              AnimalMother
                              Ex TG-31st LR
                              sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...