X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoW2: Space Marines Discussion

Please use this forum to discuss SMs

Re: DoW2: Space Marines Discussion

I started using tech marine but now only use the Apoth!
    Note: scouts can heal vechiles like tech marine, they can also be invisible while they do it!

Comment

Force Commander all the way, only half decent anti vehicle for SM. The FC also has really good early game against most of the other heroes so you can win that key first engagement.
      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Sm cost too many points to buy. one sm squad is 500 points and can be killed by nids squads which cost 240 points.

also sm only advantage is their plasma cannons, which ruins sm for me, I want to be mobile hit and run style

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Sm due cost a lot of points but if you can keep them alive they can make up for it. Also the Missile launcher tact squads can get is really good AV.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

tac + flamer = nid domination

if you lose a tac squad to a horm squad something is wrong.

Comment

If you can get a tact squad with a sgt then they are good in melee. If you have a force commander use his battleshout ability near your troops are they will destroy most units in melee.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

I mostly use an Apo with Power axe and the Global heal armor. However I am confused on how to best use him? Does he heal surrounding units? It seems only if they are still. Can I global heal b4 teching up for the armor?

Also I hear FC is all the rage. I get owned when I use him and can beat most FC with my Apo. What make FC so hot? What am I not doing?

PS Reaper knowledge welcome

Comment

thanks for the info guys.. interesting.. thinking of buying this one..
                  If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

FC commander is really weak early game but once you start buying upgrades he can be really strong. Its all a matter of what upgrades you buy him and what abilities you use.

Comment

I've kind of moved on from the FC but he still can be a beast if done right

iron halo + 1st armor = tank
                      battle cry + thunder hammer = infantry killer
                      tel to get behind suppression or banner for increased support and power fist to help out with vehicles

I've been making the transition to the tech marine recently to great effect, lots of good ranged support (brothers in arms and marked target together rip through heroes, huge increase in ranged DPS) and repair goodness for the dreads (the heart of most good armies) but the venerable dread is meh too expensive for a bit of extra health and charge on a dread

I will say the the T3 dread upgrade is one of my favorites in the game, say hello to the carny killer

poke at guardian he cant handle a FC with 2 tanks
                      Last edited by Reaperassault; 02-25-2009, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Apo and 2 squads of assault marines, then save up for a dreadnought. Works everytime ;)
                        |TG-6th|Spaz

"You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

Comment

Does no one like the assault jumpers?

I take the FC and charge him to the same location as the jump marines and then once they land hit the FC's battle cry. Totally unstoppable in melee!

Comment

ASMs are very nice great for destroying suppression and other infantry in early game but I find it hard for them to be effective mid to late game

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
                              ASMs are very nice great for destroying suppression and other infantry in early game but I find it hard for them to be effective mid to late game
                              Need more meltabombs. *shrug* My main problem with SMs is the pop-cap bug. Its far, far too easy to find yourself pop-capped out with a commander, three one-man tac squads, and a dreadnaught. That is slightly hyperbolic, but not by far.
                              I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X