X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoW2: Tyranid Discussion

Please Discuss Tyranid here

Re: DoW2: Tyranid Discussion

The new patch makes Lictor Alpha extremely difficult to use.
    Its suppression claw is bugged, it can't attack unless attacked, its cloak drains too quickly, its glitches too many.
    The Venom Cannon has become absolutely BEAST since the last patch, as its damage has not been decreased like other melee attacks, has a fast rate of fire, damages vehicles very well, and deals huge damage against heroes and heavy infantry.
    He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

yeah venom cannon is way over powered right now. I used Nid today and won my first 3 head to head. So im 3 and 9 - I suck. however i got tired of losing as Space Marine.

Comment

I have been playing Tyranids most games, and they were already good pre-patch. Indeed, the venom cannon needs to have its fire rate or damage reduced. Tyranids are an easy win if you have any idea what you are doing with them.

Comment

I agree, the venom cannon is very powerful in its current state. My current strategy which works well for me in head-to-head battles goes like this:

My first goal is to get to the second base level so I can equip the Tyrant with the venom cannon. I spawn three squads of rippers to start out with and just have them run mad all over the place capping resource nodes. I can usually snake behind an enemy and cap his nodes before he even knows what's going on. These little guys can take alot of damage, so I don't worry about them dying so much.

Once my hero is fully upgraded, I usually am trying to get the third base level so that I can spawn the Carnifex. I produce 2 of these guys, equip them with venom cannons, then go wreck shop. I've yet to come across anything that can oppose two of these big guys and a hero, all equipped with venom canons. If I have enough of a ticket lead on the opponent, or if time will allow, I usually go and destroy the other persons base to win.

I dislike the speed that the Hive Tyrant moves at, and find that enemy heroes can flee easily from my. I love the ability that the Lictor Alpha has that pulls them back, so useful when you want to force the opponent to spend resources to revive his fallen hero.

Buriu

Comment

Well, using a Venom Cannon is a popular build with a Carnifex (in the tabletop game). You either go Venom Cannon if you want to have the ability to attack infantry and vehicles. If you want to absolutely destroy infantry at the loss of vehicle damage, you twin-link devourers. Fires gobs of goop containing flesh-eating larvae like a machine gun.

Not sure if the PC game reflects that versatility.

Comment

Table Top Version FTW.

Comment

I will warn you guys to not base any future strats on the Venom Cannon as it was confirmed as bugged on RelicNews and GR.org.

Shame, too, it is sort of fun just blasterating everything in sight with it.

Also, Tabletop for the win.

"War is politics by another means, but I personally enjoy just kicking the crap outta things sometimes."

Comment

I have done the Carnifex rush just using starting gaunts, two rippers, and HT with no upgrades. Tends to work quite well, especially if you are fighting an Eldar, because they are not very mobile until late game.

Yeah, the raveners do have a devourer upgrade, but they don't kick as much butt as you are expecting Gillespie. They also cannot be linked.

Comment

Oh, well. A bit disappointing, but not a game-breaking for me.

Comment

Is it ok to post about my unquenchable hate for nids in this thread?

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

ripper squads can cap under fire of 4 shuiken cannons... FAIL
                        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Rippers are meat shields. Tabletop: they specifically exist for soaking up enemy firepower. So while annoying, their ability to cap even under heavy firepower is technically true to the source material.

Comment

gameplay/balance over being true to TT
                            Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Eh, Tabletop is balanced... why can't this be?

Not saying it's possible, or that it's not... but I don't see what the problem is. Can they not base everything from the tabletop statistics? Or was this tried?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X