Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawn of War II should of put the Imperial Guard as a playable race!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawn of War II should of put the Imperial Guard as a playable race!

You have seen the dead Imperial Guardsmen, you get to use their artillery, and there bases. But why can't we directly play them?!

I loved playing them in the other DoWs, but why not add them in this? It's madness!

Re: Dawn of War II should of put the Imperial Guard as a playable race!

can someone say expansion pack?
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

lol of course they didnt put them in as playable, if they had all the races no one would want to expansion packs, they did the same thing for the last dawn of war

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Expansion 1 will assuredly contain IG and/or Chaos. They're the two most liked races that aren't in the game as yet. Considering DoW1, it's a given.
        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

So, I have to stay a sad panda until they release their "expansion pack?"

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
            Expansion 1 will assuredly contain IG and/or Chaos. They're the two most liked races that aren't in the game as yet. Considering DoW1, it's a given.
            Spyder is most likely right here, or they just release imperial guard, as then they don't have to make more than one campaign without disappointing some players.

Why IG? They did exactly same with original (main campaign is for marines and it features IG, and first expansion included them). What has changed that now players also want original dow races into this game fast so they'll likely give us 2+ races per expansion.

Can't wait to see how they'll make guardsmen this time. As their vehicles were best part in original imo, of course they could give more weight to special units and infantry

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
            So, I have to stay a sad panda until they release their "expansion pack?"
            or some1 is able to mod it in-game before they release it

Comment

Yes you will have to remain a sad panda. I was sad when Chaos didn't make the cut, so I am also hoping for an expansion pack.

Comment

Needs moar tau.
                |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
                100 pixels height is too small people.

Comment

I'm thinking that IG will have only have the Chimera and the Leman Russ as the only vehicles for them. Or maybe, they'll give more vehicles, and less advance infantry.

I sure hope they include the Kasrkin and the Ogryns, though. Let's not forget the awesome Basilisk, too.

Comment

They could go a couple directions with IG. they could go infantry focused as there are certainly enough options there with the ogryn and karskins and whatnot. In which case the guard would run pretty much like the other races. Mostly infantry with a couple armor pieces in the high tier.

Or they could go more armor based and give them cheaper/more effective armor in the mid game along with fewer more general purpose squads.

Really depends on how varied they want to try and make each race. I know the reason the Chaos were cut was because they were finding it hard to differentiate from the SM in terms of how they played.
                    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

I don't know how the guard is going to compete in this game though. Melee>ranged after all.
                      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom View Post
                        I don't know how the guard is going to compete in this game though. Melee>ranged after all.
                        ...Such a horribly generalized view. Melee generally wins because people don't tier their ranged squads and run covered retreats. A single rocket tac squad in the hands of a half-decent kiter will slaughter Dreads and the like, so that's not exactly an issue either.

I think it's more that Melee is easier to handle and use effectively by the average player.

Comment

Agreed with Spyder. Space Marines are a majorly ranged army and same for Eldar. If the Imperial Guard was to employ the grenade launchers like they did in the first Dawn of War, the melee troops would have a hard time closing in.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
                            can someone say expansion pack?
                            I think that it must have been cut to make the deadline. As I was looking through the campaign files trying to mod the game ( make all 6 squads deploy :) ) I discovered that in the last campaign mission there was code to allow the mission to handle both Ork and Elder players, as well as Space marines. So as best I can tell, at the time of that they wrote the last mission file, they had planed to have at the very least the campaign playable as the Orks the Marines, and the Elder.

Why is was cut however....

As for the mod for IG.. http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=216770

EDIT: For those who might be wondering, here the stuff right from the first level.
                            Code:
                            	-- race-specific stuff in here
                            	if data.playerrace == RACE_SPACEMARINE then

data.RaceGrenadeWargear = "wargear\\wargear\\campaign\\playable\\race_marine\\sm_acc_frag_grenade_pack_1"
                            		data.GrenadeItemID = World_GetPropertyBagGroupID ("slot_item\\campaign\\playable\\race_marine\\sm_frag_grenade")
                            		data.RaceMedkitWargear = "wargear\\wargear\\campaign\\playable\\race_marine\\sm_acc_medkit_pack_1"
                            		data.RaceSupplyDropConsumable = "wargear\\wargear\\campaign\\playable\\race_marine\\sm_generic_ammo_consumables"
                            		data.RaceDetPackWargear = "wargear\\wargear\\campaign\\playable\\race_marine\\sm_acc_satchel_charge_pack_1"

g_npc_thule = sbps_camp_npc_sm_davian_thule
                            		g_npc_tacmarines = sbps_camp_npc_sm_tactical_marines
                            		g_npc_scoutmarines = sbps_camp_npc_sm_scout_marines

data.RaceAllyPlayer = g_IGAllyPlayer

-- Initialize all the needed objective data for Space Marines
                            		StopOrkInvasion_OnInit()
                            		Rendezvous_OnInit()

RetakeVillage_OnInit()
                            		ProtectVillage_OnInit()

Vengeance_OnInit()

KillBigMek_OnInit()
                            		TyranidReveal_OnInit()

elseif data.playerrace == RACE_ELDAR then

--~ 		data.RaceGrenadeWargear = "wargear\\wargear\\campaign\\playable\\race_eldar\\eld_acc_plasma_grenade_pack_1"
                            --~ 		data.RaceMedkitWargear = "wargear\\wargear\\campaign\\playable\\race_eldar\\eld_acc_medkit_pack_1"
                            --~ 		data.RaceDetPackWargear = "wargear\\wargear\\campaign\\playable\\race_eldar\\eld_acc_plasma_charge"
                            --~ 		
                            --~ 		data.RaceAllyPlayer = g_EldarAllyPlayer
                            --~ 		
                            --~ 		-- Initialize all the needed objective data for Eldar
                            --~ 		StopOrkInvasion_OnInit()
                            --~ 		Rendezvous_OnInit()
                            --~ 		
                            --~ 		RetakeVillage_OnInit()
                            --~ 		ProtectVillage_OnInit()
                            --~ 		
                            --~ 		AmbushTransports_OnInit()
                            --~ 		
                            --~ 		KillBigMek_OnInit()
                            --~ 		TyranidReveal_OnInit()

elseif data.playerrace == RACE_ORK then

--~ 		data.RaceGrenadeWargear = "wargear\\wargear\\campaign\\playable\\race_ork\\ork_acc_stikk_bomb"
                            --~ 		data.RaceMedkitWargear = "wargear\\wargear\\campaign\\playable\\race_eldar\\ork_acc_fighting_juice"
                            --~ 		data.RaceDetPackWargear = "wargear\\wargear\\campaign\\playable\\race_ork\\ork_acc_splosives"
                            --~ 		
                            --~ 		data.RaceAllyPlayer = g_OrkAllyPlayer
                            --~ 		
                            --~ 		-- Initialize all the needed objective data for Eldar
                            --~ 		StopOrkInvasion_OnInit()
                            --~ 		Rendezvous_OnInit()
                            --~ 		
                            --~ 		RetakeVillage_OnInit()
                            --~ 		ProtectVillage_OnInit()
                            --~ 		
                            --~ 		AmbushTransports_OnInit()
                            --~ 		
                            --~ 		KillBigMek_OnInit()
                            --~ 		TyranidReveal_OnInit()

end
                            Last edited by Eternaly_Lost; 03-23-2009, 07:15 PM.
                            Current game name : Lost, Phantom Thief

Comment

or they could have written in that code for easier expandability later, just a guess

I'm just hoping that after the new CoH expansion comes out relic can put some loving into DoW2, get some more maps and a bit more balance (even though its not too bad right now)
                              Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X