Argus Desert Gate tactic discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argus Desert Gate tactic discussion

The most played dow2 map atm and propably the one people also enjoy most. As a simple and brutal Argus Desert Gate can be complicated when it pust high rank players against each other. So what works and what doesn't, discuss!

There is 2 things I would like to ask about. First, is there any other tactic than to use suppression unit at start? In 1on1 I never even touched them so I found myself somewhat lost when I first time faced them in high numbers. And when I switched to them they did great on the start but for some reason it seems that especially marines can easily counter them soon after. (>.< ASM)

Second question is about rushing into the middle. Is it good tactic or should you cap energy / req first. Yesterday I got into tough spot where my enemy just went straight for the point and after that stacked suppression units around it. With little support from marines they held me off until my walker came in and then you lose text came up on the screen.

Re: Argus Desert Gate tactic discussion

I would say do a massive push on the place with the least units, and light push in the middle. Melee units do wonders against suppression, especially Storm boyz and ASMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
      I would say do a massive push on the place with the least units, and light push in the middle. Melee units do wonders against suppression, especially Storm boyz and ASMs.
      ...Except Stormboyz get suppressed in mid jump which makes them useless.

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
        ...Except Stormboyz get suppressed in mid jump which makes them useless.
        Really? I had no idea... Well, I am gonna rely a lot less on me storm boyz now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X