The Practice Ring.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Practice Ring.

Having trouble using/facing a particular tactic? Having trouble using/facing a particular race? Just wanna beat up on helpless players? Then The Practice Ring is for you!

How about we set aside a little place where we can practice tactics and whatnot in private games against each other. You know, just for fun, or practice purposes. It will be like a mini-version of TGU. We all know you can talk about using a tactic, but it's never the same as actually using it in a live scenario.

Any suggestions?

Re: The Practice Ring.

Arranged at weekend so I can attempt too if time is EST

We could start with 1on1 to get settled with each other standard level and then try to sort 3on3 teams. Main weight besides game balance would be to teach each one new tactics, and how to counter some of them. Event would last somewhat around 2hours (time for about two 1on1s and two 3on3s)

Comment my suggestions, and if there more up for this

Comment

Any time works for me, so the weekend sounds good. Yeah, that would be helpful, to learn others' playstyles and whatnot.

Comment

I am interested. I am terrible at this game :P

Comment

No worries, I am quite terrible myself. :\

Comment

It comes down to micromanaging really. Go for the targets that NEED to die first (like Warriors) or the target you know you can destroy in seconds (like Scouts). Don't attack that Warboss or Hive Tyrant there until you kill all the sluggas or Warriors. There are different ways to micro with each race. I think some replays may help. My style of micro'ing with Tyranids is completely different from when I play Space Marines, for example. Without going into great depth here, you want to kite enemy melee units around while the rest of your units that aren't being attacked are shooting.

Comment

This is where the Practice Ring comes in. You can tell people different strategies and tactics, but it's best shown through live scenarios.

It's also good for people who wanna get better with different races and/or try different combos.

Comment

And team speak is a most correct?

I am tired of getting smoked as a SM before I even get a 2nd squad of marines deployed!

Comment

Teamspeak would be appreciated, but not required. Just an open ear, and an open mind are the only two things required.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X