Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Eldar Players

Any one here play eldar?

Ive been trying to play them but get destroyed, eldar seem very weak compared to the other races.

Unless I have good allies to hide behind I seem to lose any fight I get in.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Re: Any Eldar Players

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
    Any one here play eldar?

Ive been trying to play them but get destroyed, eldar seem very weak compared to the other races.

Unless I have good allies to hide behind I seem to lose any fight I get in.
    Too many times people neglect eldar because they seem to lose in one on one to any other tier 1 standard unit (tactical marines , slugga boys etc.) but this is why eldar have lot of hidden potential to gain strength from.

When playing 3on3 games you have to remember that eldar have really cheap and really good ranged units besides the fact that they seem bad at start.
    I have linked here really good guardian guide that shows all the basic tricks, I would like to add that you will need to play aggressively so you get shooting advance over the enemy though.

http://www.gamereplays.org/dawnofwar...an-squad-guide

There are 2 main ways to get over those weaknesses that you have on tier 1, first is to tech up fast. Mainly this means that you go in with couple units being able to hold your own ground, and with extra resource you upgrade all the generators, later you will get in walkers to crush your enemy's positions. This isn't recommended for 3on3 though, as usually side that has more ground in start wins (not always).
    Other way is to trust into your basic units. Eldar has in my opinion best suppressive unit in-game. First of all its cheap, much cheaper than SM version, and secondly you get it early and fast. Because of these two things you can get suppressive unit in fight early, to hold your ground from any basic enemy unit.
    Mixing these two tactics and using different units and commanders allow you to get it right. For instance using warp spider allows you to easier lure enemies into your suppressive platforms, or maybe use farseer to kick some nid butt until your guardians are in position.

This is really basic view of the race though and I most likely missed some facts. We should get that practice ring up at least once so we can share thoughts together...

Comment

ive been playing again, using the guide as help, I do alot better now i'm using guardian squads the way they should be used.

Altough I still see warp spiders has far too weak which sucks as I love them, i need practice my micromanagment to keep them alive longer.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity

Comment

I'll have to ask my buddy how he plays his Warp Spider, as he's a hero killing machine with it. Routinely gets 3-4 early hero kills in 3v3.
        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

ive been playing again, using the guide as help, I do alot better now i'm using guardian squads the way they should be used.

Altough I still see warp spiders has far too weak which sucks as I love them, i need practice my micromanagment to keep them alive longer.
          Yeah this is the thing with high tier ranged units, warp spiders aren't even the worst case. How you should handle them is that you build many units of them so you can focus, or just become really good in micro, but that would solve pretty much any problem in any rts :P

2-3 units of warp spiders make really short work of most infantry units, also because they can teleport you can just feel free to stack the together as when that frag blows up you are already gone. If you get these right when you reach tier 2 (I don't recommend that so much) you'll need to get anti armor grenades before anything else.
          Disabling enemy vehicle for around 15seconds makes it really weak to antiarmor, if you happen to got one, or it will get you some time if you don't.

Comment

I played an unranked with them yesterday, and the Shurikan Cannons are the best suppressive units in the game. In the very beginning, you are able to pump out 2 of them. Which will definitely give you the decisive advantage in the long run.

Hey, does anyone know if Howling Banshees can beat ASMs in a one on one fight?

Comment

Nope they cant

Comment

With their special ability and exarch, I think they can.

Comment

micro ASM (i.e. jump and the special attack from sergeant) wipe the floor with banshees, I'm not sure about other situations though

sounds like some testing needs to be done
                  Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
                    micro ASM (i.e. jump and the special attack from sergeant) wipe the floor with banshees, I'm not sure about other situations though

sounds like some testing needs to be done
                    War Shout could be used to stop ASMs after they have jumped.

Comment

War shout only reduces shooting I dont think it has an effect on combat

(was reading about it online, I'll check it again later)

Comment

War shout only reduces shooting I dont think it has an effect on combat

(was reading about it online, I'll check it again later)
                        In-game it says it causes suppression.

Comment

Yea but suppression has no effect on units in melee

Comment

ok so I found out what is wrong with eldar, everything I like about them is useless :D

Comment

:O

That's not nice....You're gonna hurt them poor Eldar's feelings.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X