Nice.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice.

So I decided to play some Team Battle today, and got grouped together with some people, a level 4 Ork, a level 2 Eldar, and me, a level 1 Eldar.

We get matched up with a level 34 SM, a level 21 Tyranid, and a level 24 Eldar. What.the.Fork.

Funny part is..? We won. They get lagged out or something. They were kicking our ass, too.

Re: Nice.

Ya the matchmaking is mmmm... "risky". I wouldn´t call it broken because you have to balance between peoples wait time and people being close.

If you wait 15 minutes for an opponent that is exactly the same as you.... people would cry, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyramion View Post
      Ya the matchmaking is mmmm... "risky". I wouldn´t call it broken because you have to balance between peoples wait time and people being close.

If you wait 15 minutes for an opponent that is exactly the same as you.... people would cry, too.
      I was wondering why we were getting beat down so badly, it was 500-123 when the match ended... Then I saw their rank... I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I waited about 3 minutes for this match, but I was by myself so I can understand it. But it's my fault for mistaking people's skill for the number next to their name. The number only represents a benchmark in your online progress. Not how good you are.

Comment

On the official Dawn of War 2 forum, you need about 20 ranked games played for the system to get an accurate True Skill rating. Otherwise it just keeps measuring you by throwing whatever is available.

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
          On the official Dawn of War 2 forum, you need about 20 ranked games played for the system to get an accurate True Skill rating. Otherwise it just keeps measuring you by throwing whatever is available.
          I see... 19 to go.

Comment

So far in team battles (about 6 or 7 games) I've managed to almost be in a winning game (they had 22 points left). I've never been that fantasic at RTS games but the gameplay on this one is usually pretty damn fun even when losing. Anyway at least this explains how I keep getting in games with rank 20+ people since my TrueSkill rating hasn't formed yet.
            "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
            -- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by RedForman View Post
              So far in team battles (about 6 or 7 games) I've managed to almost be in a winning game (they had 22 points left). I've never been that fantasic at RTS games but the gameplay on this one is usually pretty damn fun even when losing. Anyway at least this explains how I keep getting in games with rank 20+ people since my TrueSkill rating hasn't formed yet.
              Yeah the true skill is really bugged there. What happens to me is that I first get 1-3 easy fights after which there will come 3high ranked players. Usually it ends up me getting too relaxed with first fights and then losing all 3 after that (all SM players and totally own me).

And the closest games are the most fun, though I can't stand losing in any case ;)

Btw good we got more players for this awesome game :D
              Last edited by Mixa; 03-26-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I generally dislike losing too, but I have still yet to win a multiplayer game and I still plan on plugging away at it, afterall the only way to improve is to play and learn.
                "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                -- Red Forman

Comment

I have a bad record of losing right now, but I'm slowly clawing it back, eldar take some getting used too.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                  So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
                    I have a bad record of losing right now, but I'm slowly clawing it back, eldar take some getting used too.
                    Yeah I lost my ability in 1on1 with eldar too. Tactical Marine spam is like poison for me, always kills all I can throw on them.
                    Last edited by Mixa; 03-27-2009, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mixa View Post
                      Yeah I lost my ability in 1on1 with eldar too. Tactical spam is like poison for me, always kills all I can throw on them.
                      If I had photoshop I would make an awesome picture out of this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                        If I had photoshop I would make an awesome picture out of this sentence.
                        Something like this?:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ag5075&s=5

You might want to save this, they'll pay millions for link after I've died
                        Last edited by Mixa; 03-27-2009, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Lmao

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I was thinking of something more like this:

[media]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/Krunchmastaflex1/1559606_340_1116081430036-spam.jpg[/media]

30 seconds in MS Paint does work.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X