is it worth the buy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it worth the buy

i just played through the campain demo, and it was eh.

is multiplayer more enjoyable?
    whats your guyses take on it

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Re: is it worth the buy

The singleplayer is rly well done actually. Multiplayer is fun, too. But you might not enjoy it.

Comment

picking it up today.
      strangely im extremely addicted. i played the miniatures as a kid and its all coming back!
      FOR THE EMPEROR!
      Liberate the Unclean, Burn the heretic!

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

Good choice. There's a lot of hate going around for it, (It's different than DoW! Blasphemy!) But I think as time goes on it will be recognized as one of the best of the genre and of the year. Just have some patience with GFWL matchmaking, it still sucks but is getting better.
        "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
        -- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by RudeBoy View Post
          picking it up today.
          strangely im extremely addicted. i played the miniatures as a kid and its all coming back!
          FOR THE EMPEROR!
          Liberate the Unclean, Burn the heretic!

Burn the Heretic! Kill the Mutant! Purge the Unclean!

There is no liberating for the ones who have strayed from the path of the emperor :D

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I've sadly only played the multiplayer demo, will probably pick the game up during the summer.

What I loved about the game was that DoW2 has been the first RTS that I've played online and enjoyed. I've always hated MP for RTS just because I could never manage all the aspects of the match (resource gathering, construction of the base, building troops, managing troops on the battlefield, etc). It stressed me out way too much.

I decided to give the MP demo of DoW2 a go just for the heck of it and I fell in love. Gone were my worries of building constructor units and telling them where to build my base, gone was the need to have those constructors also gather resources for me. I could now focus on the important part of a RTS, the combat. Finally I found a RTS (my favorite genre of game) where I'm not entirely stessed out. I can't wait to pick up this game and play some rounds with you all, get stomped, and have a great time!
            sigpic

Comment

I agree with you about it being generally less stressful. Before DoW 2 there really weren't any RTS's I could even manage to win online (I'd build and build, and get a big army together and begin to attack only to find out my opponent had a force 5x the size of mine and proceeded to overrun me, etc. I still generally lose more than I win but it works out a hell of a lot better.
              "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
              -- Red Forman

Comment

Anyone getting the game PLEASE join the DoW 2 Steam group!

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X