Scout spam w/ shotty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scout spam w/ shotty

what exactly is the counter to this for all races?

2 infliltrated scout squads with shotties and a tac squad OWNED OUTRIGHT my 2 gaurdian squads and howling banshees WITH commander.

im starting to believe SM are overpowered....

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Re: Scout spam w/ shotty

Wow, shows what I've been playing lately...

I entered this thread expecting people talking about scout rushes for arena maps.

Shotgun destroys everything that tries to melee them, so right there your banshees and commander are in trouble. If you upgraded the guardians equipment you could've threw a plasma grenade at each scout squad, and let the banshees deal with them, and let you 2 guardians and commander deal with the Tac squad.

Comment

ha, the problem with that theory is that he was inflitrated the whole time. my banshees were charging the tac squad, and the scouts just appeared and destroyed everything. Their knock back is almost stupid at this point. Units cant fall back because they keep getting knocked down, and they cant attack either. They just die.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

You have to upgrade your guardian unit with the unit leader, as he can spot cloaked foes! Haven't played for while but last time I did scout rush wasn't problem for me, tactical spam was far more worse!

Comment

Eldar Rangers can spot scouts and the rangers can suppress them too. Probably one of the best tactics would be to drop the banshees or a guardian squad and try to get a Vehicle.

One little nasty tactic might be to get a Wave Serpent( Not sure on the Eldar Transports name) and put banshees and commander inside it. Then move guardians and rangers in front of it. Once you see the enemy have the Wave Serpent charge the tacts and unload your commander and banshees right into them. While this is happening move your guardians and rangers up to deal with scouts. It would take micro management but you can do it!

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

That would work too if the Falcon Tank (Eldar Transport) didn't cost an absurd amount of resource ~450 req and 90 power...that is a lot.

Comment

Then get a ranger squad, 1 guardian squad, and 1 banshee squad. Once you have spotted the enemy have guardian and ranger squad attack. The Ranger squad uses suppressing shot while the gaurdians throw nade then banshees take down the other scout squad. Your commander would go after the Tact squad and tie them up while you kill off scouts. You will have to kind of leave the enemy commander alone since the scouts and tacts will be your bigger threats. So once the scouts are down or retreated you go after the rest of his army.

As soon as possible try to get some kind of armor since scouts will not be able to do anything against it. Once you get armor the only thing you have to worry about is rocket launchers and/or a commander with a power fist.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Working...
              X