There is only war!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is only war!

The new update has just been released today.

This patch changes ALOT, so many changes I cant post the change log, so heres the link

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/blogs/?p=724

Hopefully with this new update there will again be an increase to the amount of players and we can get some great games going.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Re: There is only war!

Gah I must give it a shot someday now. I really got sick of it earlier, I just hope they've changed it enough, so I can get hooked to DoW once again!

Comment

Nice. I wonder if they changed anything over from the beta...

Comment

Steam is having a 50% off sale on DoWII. I just might pick it up for that low price.

Comment

They've changed a lot. For me, it refreshes the game and I find it to be a lot of fun, especially with the increased number of maps. To read the official forums, you'd think that Relic destroyed the game beyond recognition (I find it funny that people will post about how awful they think the game is but continue to play it extensively. )
          Anyway, frankly I recommend playing it again. It's a whole lot of fun.
          "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
          -- Red Forman

Comment

So, have they improved the interface since the Beta? I loved DoW but didn't get 2 because of how much work it was just to get things to do what I wanted.

Plus GFWL sucks but I know they still have that integrated. Are the improvements enough to shell out for?
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I picked it up after the Steam sale. I played the beta and decided to wait until they fixed a whole bunch of things before I would spend the money on it. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the game is, although I have only played the single player so far. Worth the price that I paid for it.
              "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Single player was great from the start, they did add more loot if I remember correctly but that is it.

Multi Player is still hit or miss and I haven't played in a long while since its hard to get a group going, which is the only way to play in my opinion. The changes looked promising but I'm afraid the game is dead for the most part, I could be wrong especially since mod tools were just put out and the map maker. If you are ok spending the money to play against the computer or play with random people that may or may not rage quit mid round if things go poorly, it might be worth it. There was a single player demo out a while ago so you might check that out.

end ramblings
                Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Still seems like a lot of people are playing, although I'm sure it has diminished from early on. Matchmaking through GFWL is still pretty unbalanced, unless you come in with your own team there's a good chance they're going to match you with some very low ts players (which in and of itself doesn't bother me), and then match you against a team of TS 30+'s (which does bother me). You then proceed to get crushed. But the good news is that may take under 10 minutes so you can try again.

But the plus side is that it's still WH 40k, and the graphics and effects are pretty sweet.
                  Plus it is more accessible than many other RTS's.
                  "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                  -- Red Forman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X