Starcraft 2 beta live.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starcraft 2 beta live.

So the beta has gone live, no key for me :(. Anyone want to give me their key :**(.

Check your emails/battle.net accounts

http://us.battle.net/sc2beta/en-us/

Some gameplay streams (they may not be up all the time).

http://www.livestream.com/starcraftmethod
    http://www.livestream.com/tlchill

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Re: Starcraft 2 beta live.

I'm pretty stoked that we're getting closer to being able to play this!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Anyone actually get in? I am pretty bummed I was not able to get in, hopefully another opt-in wave comes soon.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Suhweet, got into beta. Psychotic.polska if you want to hit me up!

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Polska View Post
          Suhweet, got into beta. Psychotic.polska if you want to hit me up!
          Did you get an email, or did you find out by checking battle.net over and over?
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            Did you get an email, or did you find out by checking battle.net over and over?
            I checked my bnet accounts daily. The 3rd wave of invites started yesterday, so keep checking. I still have not received an email, got in yesterday though.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Polska View Post
              I checked my bnet accounts daily. The 3rd wave of invites started yesterday, so keep checking. I still have not received an email, got in yesterday though.
              I'm going to update my beta profile now that I've upgraded my PC. I don't know if Blizz is looking for low end systems or not, so I'm kinda hesitant to update my profile... Best to be accurate, though, I suppose.
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                I'm going to update my beta profile now that I've upgraded my PC. I don't know if Blizz is looking for low end systems or not, so I'm kinda hesitant to update my profile... Best to be accurate, though, I suppose.
                If you have another game to register, you can make a new account with new specs to try to increase your chances :P.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Well, is it everything you thought it would be?
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

To be honest, no. Game is great and all, but I guess I was expecting something different, something more. I am having fun playing 1v1, and 2v2 with my buddy, but still feel like starcraft. I guess they didn't want to deviate too much from the original. Having said that though, it is already pre ordered, and in combination with the editor, this will probably be another classic played for many years to come.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

"It's Starcraft. With a 2 on the end
                      If you never enjoyed the original Starcraft or don't enjoy real-time strategy, there's little hope of you enjoying Starcraft II multiplayer right now. The basics and flavour are extraordinarily similar to the original Starcraft - the same three sides, many similar units, and the interface is almost identical. There's no Supcom level zoom - no way to automatically queue more than five units at once.

It's micro-heavy, and economically demanding real-time strategy with some ridiculously fun strategic possibilities."

- from the PC Gamer blog
                      http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=236218

Makes me laugh. Only Blizzard could basically release the same game with updated graphics and have it hailed as the Second Coming. As for the game, didn't like the original, zero plans to pick the second one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
                        Makes me laugh. Only Blizzard could basically release the same game with updated graphics and have it hailed as the Second Coming. As for the game, didn't like the original, zero plans to pick the second one up.
                        I wouldn't go as far as saying SC1 with updated graphics. However, ya, there aren't as many innovations/changes as some would have hoped. I didn't want them to do something redical (C&C4, DoW2, blah) and mess it up completely. Like I said, for me personally its about the custom maps, with some ladder/games with friends sprinkled in. I don't see this game as th Second Coming, but I believe it will be a solid title if the editor turns out to be as versatile and powerful as it seems.

Personally I think Blizzard needs something totally fresh, their franchises are getting stale and too similar/familiar. Lets see what their unananounced MMO will be. I dunno why people would expect features from sup com, or some other games, this is its own game :P (personally I did not like sup com 2 demo :P).

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Funnily enough, I discovered this on my travels. Perhaps this will indicate why the makers of Starcraft don't want to change it but increase micromanagement and strategy. They're simply on a winner and want to tweek it (and update graphics) but not loose the pinnacle - too much to loose.

If you don’t like Starcraft it's still a good watch considering we're all gamers and many have had an affinity with Progamers/Gaming Teams even if it is a long ago wish.

Comment

I understand that beta testers are being given invitations to send out to friends. Well, I just want to throw out that if you have such an invitation, I want to be your bestest friend.
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Nobody here has an invite? Bummer...
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X