X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do while the beta is down?

Ideas?

Re: What to do while the beta is down?

I am currently playing my friend's copy of Starcraft 1 and Brood War single-player (forbidden to play multiplayer), plus catching up on school work and other games :)

Comment

There are a large number of User created maps you can try. There are also loaders that will allow you to play SC2 offline vs AI to keep your skills sharp. Of course replays galore from many tournaments you could learn a thing or two from.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

UMS games still work with the beta down??? That's all I was doing anyways lol, lots of tower defense, battlecraft, and anything else that was even half fun

Comment

Well obviously the multiplayer ones won't, but there are many single player ones. You have to find downloads for them then launch them through the editor.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

HD starcraft and husky!!!

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
            "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Sproge The Crazy Swede

Comment

Originally posted by Polska View Post
              Well obviously the multiplayer ones won't, but there are many single player ones. You have to find downloads for them then launch them through the editor.
              Ooh, links?
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Here are the resources I know of. You can always google for less known ones.
                http://www.sc2mapster.com/
                http://sc2.nibbits.com/maps/
                http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=19 (this is a forum but sometimes people post their own maps to pimp them).

- ALLin1 (v9.6.6) (Official StarCrack Launcher) StarCraft 2 Tool: Here is a tool to launch AI Maps/Replays (does not load replays from last 2 patches I think): http://sc2.nibbits.com/assets/starcrack-allin1/
                - SC2Manager: This next one is an Asian launcher, it allows launching from patch 15 and before (so only latest patch doesn't work). The tool unfortunately is not in english (the latest version) so either read the thread below, or download the English version to see what the menus do. The LATEST version only I think launches patch 15 replays. I like this one because it will also download maps which you are missing (although the server it gets them from is hit and miss). I like this tool because it includes additional single player options such as, game speed, build/upgrade speed, maphack, start with builders from all 3 races etc....

SC2Manager homepage
                Information Thread. Keep an eye on this thread if you like the tool, it will probably get updated.
                Version 4.1.1 (not english)
                Version 3.6.2 ENGLISH: Link 1, Link 2, Link 3 - Original thread HERE

Here are pics from the thread of the English version windows so you can navigate in the latest Asian version.
                Main

Replay

Single Player

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed