No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drm

A friend of mine keeps insisting that SC2 comes with a DRM scheme similar to Assassin's Creed which will require a constant Internet connection even during single player, but I have not really found much talking about the DRM which isn't months old.

So the question of course is what kind of DRM is it using?

It's not what you know,
    It's not who you know,
    It's what you know about who you know.

[TG]BlackBart / [TG]FatalCure

Re: Drm

I dont think its using any:

Starcraft 2 will require a single online activation using the company's servers, after which players will be allowed to play the single-player game to their hearts' content, without being forced to have a persistent Internet connection.

The Blizzard boss is resigned to the fact that, how ever many people and man-hours you throw at anti-piracy measures, it can never be enough. "If you start talking about DRM and different technologies to try to manage it, it's really a losing battle for us, because the [cracking] community is always so much larger, and the number of people out there that want to try to counteract that technology, whether it's because they want to pirate the game or just because it's a curiosity for them, is much larger than our development teams."

And the pragmatic game designer's final words on the matter is a mantra which many other game houses would do well to adopt: "We need our development teams focused on content and cool features, not anti-piracy technology."

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

It requires an initial connection to verify your key, after that, single player is yours as often as you so desire.

You can't get achievements if you aren't connected though. A connection to BNET is required to boost your online profile, but not to play the game.
        Do or do not, there is no try....
        -- Yoda, Dagobah

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed