Starcraft on Steam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starcraft on Steam?

This is just a simple question but I was wondering if Starcraft II would be for sale on steam, or if I actually have to make a trip out of the man-cave to go buy a game at a store for once.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Re: Starcraft on Steam?

Steam and Blizzard currently have no contract or friendship as far as sales go.

If you're looking to buy without leaving home, it is for sale digitally on Blizzard's website, and can be downloaded anywhere you want to log in.

Comment

Yeah, you can download and install it. In order to play it, you must essentially purchase a CD key which will then be linked to your account.

Comment

It appears that Blizzard is happy managing their own downloads, and their real ID is a push towards steam's friends feature so going through steam would be redundant for them.

Originally posted by Tllyx View Post
        Yeah, you can download and install it. In order to play it, you must essentially purchase a CD key which will then be linked to your account.
        I believe you need the number before downloading, I attempted to download last night to be ready for the guest pass to give the game a try but it wants the number before the download and the person who offered the pass forgot to bring it in :(
        Last edited by snooggums; 07-30-2010, 05:45 PM.
        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Damn, i prefer digital copy. I wish i known it can be downloaded before i placed an order.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
            Damn, i prefer digital copy. I wish i known it can be downloaded before i placed an order.
            You can still preload it and install it.. then just link the cd key to your account and you can play.

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
              You can buy and download it from Blizzard through Battle.net. I'm not sure but I believe that if you were to also purchase a boxed copy you could also download the game in the future, as that appears to be the case for a friend of mine.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                You can buy and download it from Blizzard through Battle.net. I'm not sure but I believe that if you were to also purchase a boxed copy you could also download the game in the future, as that appears to be the case for a friend of mine.
                You can, once you link your game to your battle.net account you can download the install files from battle.net.
                a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I downloaded the game, installed and then activated my key from my box. I haven't even touched the CD.

Comment

Just FYI - you CAN launch the game through steam and use the overlay. I've only noticed 1 but - sometimes, while in game - I'll bring up steam overlay to chat then close it. After ward all actions will default to patrol. This is quickly resolved by bringing the overlay back up for a sec and then closing it again. It only happens rarely and I chat through steam frequently.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X