Tips to improve your skill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips to improve your skill

In playing, I see a lot of people without proper build orders and often, way too many minerals without producing anything. There are two things in Starcraft that will improve your game dramatically. That is a proper build order and macro.

Macro is your ability to produce units, and keep all of your production buildings busy. Generally, the player with the better macro will have the larger army. The other element of macro is your ability to expand at the appropriate times to keep your production of units flowing. A good macro player is able to keep increasing his or her production capability while having the resources to support it.

For build orders, I suggest going to TeamLiquid Wiki, pick out build orders for your race and then test them out with a build order tester. I suggest using: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=126942

Practice your build order over and over again until you can do it without thinking about it.

re: Tips to improve your skill

Good build orders are essential to any RTS game. I remember way back in AOE3, my clan would practise this so much that I could run through the first 9 minutes of every standard round in my head and I caught myself doing this when going to sleep, while running, and even during lengthy sermons at church (gasp).

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Other thing, scout. Most videos of the build orders will show when to send out a scout, and it normally works.

Comment

Another thing to keep watch on is production buildings and the ability to produce more units simultaneously.

If you find all of your production buildings producing a unit, all necessary upgrades researching, and you still have an surplus of resources, guess what?

Build another production building so you can make more units at the same time. Try to keep your money at zero.

Comment

Never..ever queue units. You're spending resources on the future, and your opponents are spending resources on the now. Given that there is no room for long term strategy in starcraft, you must push as hard as you can as fast as you can. It's better to build more production buildings than it is to have units waiting to be constructed.

Comment

Re: Tips to improve your skill

Changed thread title from two things to Tips, great tips from everyone. Keep em comin' in!

Comment

Don't be afraid to use the help menu in game. If you hit F12 it will bring up a menu which mentions pretty much everything about all 3 races. This includes a unit list, which will say what units are good (or weak) against. You see a enemy massing troops you have not faced (or always loss to,) bring it up and find that unit. From there, you can find out what your going to need in order to counter. If you mix that with good scouting, you should be able to prevent an attack, and possibility launch even a good counter of your own.

Comment

Is there a was to toggle between command centers? The space bar will only bring you to the last event and i don't want to waste time looking for it on map and mini-map. Also is there a way to have round time displayed and score during the game?
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X