Zergling rush counter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zergling rush counter

Well, just looking from some advice from our more experienced Protoss players.

I have encountered the typical zerg strategy of zergling rush in my last couple games. As most of you know, I play protoss. However doing my build order of pylon and scout @9, gateway @12, the zerg player already has zerglings in my base just as my gateway is finishing let alone finishing a zel.

I have tryed bumping the build order up to 8 then 11, but he still out number me by normally 6 to 1, so my zel does not have a chance.

The only other counter I can think of is building a wall, however that severely limits my options early game, as I would need to destroy it in order to get out.

I know I am not the quickest player, however, I do not see that causing that one sided of a rush.

Re: Zergling rush counter

I honestly have no idea but I would suggest posting the exact same thing you posted here over at game replays:
    http://www.gamereplays.org/community...showforum=3533

Im sure someone there can give you a build order to deal with it... or you could just take the loss and be like whatever. Not everyone zergling rushes you and the games where they do are normally pretty bad games anyways
    ---Bellicosity---

Comment

well, if you 12 gate, he needs to 8 pool to get lings b4 you get zellots, so i say wall of and get 1 ranged unit and go starport ASAP

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
      "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Sproge The Crazy Swede

Comment

Yea I have seen a few zergs who do not rush, which is fine. However, when I am trying to work on my build order, and then I encounter 5 in a row who do, it quickly turns you off of ranked play.

And, I will try posting it on a few sites (me and AGMlauncher dont get along, and GR is blocked on my router.)

Edit, I also saved a replay of the latest one, so if you happen to know a way for me to post or send it to you, just let me know.
        Last edited by Hellswaters; 08-16-2010, 11:58 AM.

Comment

9 pylon (scout for rush with this probe), 10 gate, chrono boost zealot. Build your structures such that they almost block the ramp (leaving 1 square for zealot block). This way 2 max 3 zerglings are hitting the zealot, if you feel uneasy with that bring up some probes to fight off the harass. If the ramp is too large for that consider building near your nexus so you can get probes to help the zealot. If your scout sees you are not getting rushed hold off on the zealot and pump econ. This build sets your econ back a tad but you should be able to hold off cheese rushes.

Alternatively you can totally wall off.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Walling off is the easiest way to stop a zergling rush. Since you should be building a partial wall anway, an extra 100 mineral pylon to prevent a loss shouldn't be considered a wasted investment if you are really struggling to stop the rush.

Polska's advice is spot on though, build around your ramp to make a tight choke point so the zerglings have to come in 1 by 1 or 2 by 2, and you shouldn't have too much. With that early of a rush the Zerg player is pretty much going all-in to take you out, so if you can simply survive you should be able to out econ him and counter-attack a few minutes later with 8+ zealots and end it early yourself.

Comment

today somone did 10 pool 10 gas vs me, i walled of totaly, got a stalker out and went for a starport, i got 1 phenix and 1 VR and went into his base while i was pumping more VR, lifted the queen, killed the queen, killed his base, GG.
              thats the way i do it.
              NOTE. dimond level game, he was not a nOOb, so it shuld work in lower levels even better.

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
              "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Sproge The Crazy Swede

Comment

Yea, I was finally able to beat it today. Biggest issues I was finding was not going straight for the 2nd gate, then not using a probe or 2 to help out my zealot when the rush hits.

Comment

Easiest way to fend off early ling attacks is to kill the lings with your probes while you get zealots out. If the zerg over commits to his ling rush he will lose once you get 2-3 zealots out. I typically throw down a 12 gate or 13 gate and can easily hold off anything from a 6-9 pool with mostly probes and a zealot or two. All you need to do is learn how to micro your units and you'll be fine.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                  In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Ling rush is only a problem for me on the 1v1 maps with a short rush distance. On these maps I make sure to scout with my 8th probe. This will let you know if he is doing something silly you need to be prepared for early.
                    Shhhh I'm being made

Comment

Originally posted by Guardianx11x View Post
                      Ling rush is only a problem for me on the 1v1 maps with a short rush distance. On these maps I make sure to scout with my 8th probe. This will let you know if he is doing something silly you need to be prepared for early.
                      Wanna make out?

Typically I 8 - gate and 14~16- gate, no issues with a rush.

Comment

Bwahaha gogo Turbo reaper cheese :)

Former TG-21st
                        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Protoss players do need to wall off their bases, but since they can't make a 100% wall off without trapping themselves they need to leave a gap big enough for a zealot to stand in. That will stop any zergling attempt since 6 zerglings can't take down a zealot if only 2 can attack at a time.
                          sigpic

Comment

You guys sound geekier than nerds talking about D&D adventures. ;P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X