Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napoleon Total War

Greetings,

Several of us at TG are playing Napoleon Total War. If anyone is interested in training on NTW, please contact myself and I will be happy to set something up.

The new Total War forum is at:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/total-war-series/

T
    sigpic

Re: Napoleon Total War

Can i run napoleon total war...
    CPU Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz
    4gb Ram
    64 bit operating system
    window 7
    Nvidia Geforce 8600GS
    200 hd space left

From my previous experience with empire total war, it didn't go so well, it was very laggy so i didn't played much =.= This maybe because it only ran on 1 processor core and the minimum requirement was 2.6ghz so it didn't use the duo core on my system.

Here is the System Req for napoleon :)

Minimum:
    o OS:Microsoft® Windows Vista®/XP®/Windows® 7
    o Processor: 2.3 GHz CPU with SSE2
    o Memory: 1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista®/Windows® 7)
    o Graphics: 256 MB DirectX® 9.0c shader model 2b compatible GPU
    o DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
    o Hard Drive: 21 GB free space

Recommended:
    o OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista®/XP®/Windows® 7
    o Processor: 2.6 GHz Dual Core CPU
    o Memory: 2 GB RAM (XP), 4 GB RAM (Vista®/Windows® 7)
    o Graphics: 256 MB DirectX® 9.0c shader model 3 compatible GPU
    o DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
    o Hard Drive: 21 GB free space

So you think i'd be better of this time coming? Thank You..

wholesale wedding dresses
    pet iguana

Comment

Wow, just now noticed this. I think the video card memory is the most important. I have a 1024 card, and that seems to work ok. Your processor may be a bit slow for NTW.

I have a quad 3.0, and 8GB RAM. That seems to do it pretty well.
      sigpic

Comment

Re: Tactical Gamer Napoleon Total War Lessons

I am a new member and need some help - this is a bit wordy but I hope it all makes sense.

I play NTW and have started on line play.

I hope this is the case as your site says it wants to help the mature player (and I am very mature - downright old) by offering teaching and/or advice, support and on-line gaming with other members I hope in groups that are locked just so we can play with friends or other members similar in skills to ourselves - I guess these are locked games shown on the list of battles in play screens with the closed lock.

My problem is twofold - practical gaming mechanics and strategy and tactics.

Example: you watch the video site Utube and see these great players in their narrated battles - but the basic practical stuff I need to know I guess they assume you have learned from playing a lot of gameplay total war games. They are talking but as I watch the screen their arrows are all over the place clicking on the map, the control panel and the mini map. I guess they feel you know how to control the zone of fire ( the direction units well fire in and the spread and distance of fire), the command buttons, where and how to view the battle on the screen (i.e - what level and angle of birdseye).
        Then it is tactics - scanning the enemy units before the game starts. Then setting up and when the game begins.
        Where to attack and counter attack - what units - how to move around the battle - look at a unit and within a few seconds commanding the unit in moving, attacking, defending as well as what other units to bring up or have ready to ambush etc. This leads of course to a weakness in the enemy which they seem to easily exploit with an attack (such as a flank move). Hah! When I think I have found a weaknes and try it - I get clobberd ( I believe partly because of the mechanics and partly because I am not reading the battlefield correctly and my opponent has easily seen my move and crushes me.

As I said, I dont have that automatic ability to easily get around the battlefield as these guys who have been doing it for years and are always playing with their friends so that it has become second nature as to what they do on the on -line screen. You know the 7 star players.

I know I will never be great - I just want to be good enough to win and when in multiplayer mode help my teammates and not embarrass myself and told that I am a typical noob - thanks for losing the game for us - didn't you see you were surronded- and then kicked out of battles. How humiliating

I guess what I am saying is like some guys get in other areas - some sort of "fast track" even a slow one LOL that Tactical Gamer can help me with.

Maybe we could strategize a "course of action" for this.

I was always good at AI but this is entirely different and practicing agains the single site I think does not help that much.

Thanks for Reading This - sorry it was so long and wordy.
        I hope you can see from me taking the time to write all this that I really love this game.

Comment

Hi,

I have played a ton of Napoleon TW and Empire TW, so if you need any help, I can certainly work with you sometime. I am very often in Team Speak in the 189th channel, so if you want to do some NTW, let me know and we can meet up sometime. I would be happy to help you with tactics - I am not the best, but I certainly know Napoleonic tactics and how the game engine plays.

We could also work out a time if that helps. I am pretty busy during the week, but I am usually online from 8-11 Mountain Time on weeknights and my weekends are still pretty free before ski season starts up.

T
          sigpic

Comment

That would be just great - hey you are still a baby by your age - I'm 56 LOL
            I know this sounds stupid but you know ( when I worked in New York city they had secretaries for us who still took dictation for us) - meaning I am a dinosaur when it comes to knowing all the computer gizmos. The Team Speak is, I take it, voice chatting through the internet so I should need an earphone with speaker voice chat correct ( I feel so dumb asking). You are on the 189th channel so I guess that is something I have to lock into so we can talk. I live in Philly so we can work out timing.
            Is there anything else I should know about this teamspeak - I will then ask someone like my computer game smart son or son-in-law to help me out or maybe call the GEEK SQUAD! That is really pushing it.

Anyway - I really appreciate you getting back to me , I am a big Military Hist. Buff of the Napoleonic period (along with the Civil War) . It has always been at the top of my list and when this game came out it was like playing Avalon Hill as a kid but now it's the real thing.

I just feel like (a deer in the headlights) when I go on - line and play. To be called a lousy noob at 56 can be a bit irritating.

Thanks, Kayaker - I really do a lot of Kayaking by the way.

Comment

Hi,

download team speak 3 and install. If you have issues with that, let me know.

then, check out this link:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...formation.html

Once you are in TS, you can find me in the 189th channel.

T
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, K

Comment

T
                  I have another question - Napleon Total War 3

I this what people are playing? It says beta version - is there going to be an official version to replace the beta (test) version.

Should I download this or does or wait for official version

If you do download what happens to the "Vanilla" version I am playing now?

They mentioned something about putting Vanilla version in localization area - what is this and how would I move vanilla if you think I should download NTW 3? Do I lose the version I bought and have now.

Is the NTW 3 download free or as I said it may have bugs - if there is an official version would I have to pay for it an when do you think it might be out?

Thanks, K

Comment

I am totally lost - I downloaded teamspeak from the site you game me but after that the screen shown below in the instructions did not come up - I do have a password from the forum but what then and how do I get to the game play channels?

Comment

I was able to download teamspeak and am ready to go. I do not know how you get on to someone's server ( I am listed as under guest channel group ( I do not know how to look you up) - I take it you need a password I take it you cannot converse with anybody unless you have permission to do so. So I am just pulling up the site and have nobody to talk to. I guess that is how it works.

Look forward to hearing from you, K

Comment

Hi,

A bit busy with work, but this weekend I can help out more.

I can be here sat to help out.

T
                        sigpic

Comment

It looks like they needed to approve me to get in - so it works and last nite I was able to go into some chat sites and listen and speak. These must be unmonitered because the persons at the other end of the line were disgusting - they should be banned. I could not find you on the list - maybe because I am on guest channed - are you on normal and how do I move to that channel?

I look forward to talking to you. K

Comment

K,

Sounds like you weren't on our Teamspeak server from your description.

Go here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...formation.html

Read thru that and you should be able to gt your TS all setup and get on the Tactical Gamer server. If you get thru that you will be golden to get on and hook up with TMan this weekend. :)

To change channel just find the one you want and double click on its name and you will be moved there.

PS. TMan is 2 hours behind you in time zones, keep that in mind when trying to find him.

|

Comment

I am on teamspeak (Yea!) and have even chatted on public channels such as English 1. How do I find
                              "your channel"? I am on guest server - are you on norman on normal? Meaning how do I find your channel for speaker approval. I could not find a channel for 189th.
                              Another question - if I can get on normal and can set up a permenant site - i.e Naploen total war Multiplayer to find out who is playing get friends or group sites for On-line play - does this make any sense - or is there already a site like this and how would I get to that channel - How do you search on teamspeak?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X