Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shogun 2

Damm, hope they dont mess this up, first one was awesome

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Re: Shogun 2

No kidding? Looks good.

Comment

I am definitely looking forward to this as the first was one of the few RTS type games I enjoyed, I echo the don't screw this up sentiment.
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I don't think these guys can screw a game of they do. They have been pretty damn consistent with the Total War series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_War_%28series%29

Almost all their games have 80 and above rating.

Comment

From what I saw with E3 footage Shogun 2 is looking to be absolutely stunning. Visually superior to any other before, tactically simple to pick up but when you get in deep it offers so much in variety and doesn't load you down with a huge number of unit types.
          Not that I had a problem with unit types. Shogun 2 does it differently in that there are a limited number of units. So for example there are Ashigaru. However, what you can do is equip the Ashigaru with either Swords, Spears or Bows and to my knowledge there are different levels of the weapons as well. It's going to make it a lot more interesting.

They're trying to get it so you can have naval battles and ground battles on the same map as well. Would be cool to be able to bombard ground units with a ship.

ID's : Steam - Halbarad_Loire | XBL/GFWL - Halbarad Loire | PSN - Halbarad_Loire | X-fire - halbaradloire | Impulse - HalbaradLoire

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
            I don't think these guys can screw a game of they do. They have been pretty damn consistent with the Total War series.

They can still mess this up, they are trying a remake, remake can go bad if they change what makes the original good

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

They also already did a remake of Medieval, and that was successful, not sure what makes this any different.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_War_%28series%29

Almost all their games have 80 and above rating.
                They have had some consistent AI issues and I've never understood why using the auto battle resolution is always so much worse than playing it out. Can't it tell that I'm kicking the enemy around when I play it out and adjust the auto results to a similar ratio or damage vs chance of defeat? ie, when I wipe an enemy off the map 4 times in a row, shouldn't the odds of auto resolution be the same afterwards in a similarly proportioned battle?
                |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

/me is excited.
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I just hope it is more like Medieval 2 or Rome and less like empire total war. Could never get the feel for empire, felt like it was too different from the older games.
                    Battle is an orgy of disorder.-George S. Patton

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Looking forward to this. If they manage to combine the feel of Shogun I and Medieval I with the visuals and playability of later titles this should be good.

Oh, and better AI of course. :D
                      [S7]Hablos
                      Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

I really hope they are able to use a scalable AI that increases complexity with CPU availability to allow for more in depth battles by allowing commanders or participants of previous battles to recognize certain tactics and adapt. For example, in Rome I can bait units with cavalry to split them from the main force and strike as they reposition, but I would hope that a commander who I fight more than once wouldn't fall for it multiple times. Maybe this is already in place and I just wipe them out too fast (I rarely fail to kill the enemy commander during a battle) or has been added since as I have not played Empire and I'm turned off by all the expansion packs which make it looks like a Sims cash factory.
                        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Am looking forward to this as long as its more like M2:TW. Couldn't stand empire :-S
                          sigpic

Comment

Reading up on Shogan 2, and read that their new battle engine will support up to 56,000 soldiers in a single battle. I am now excited.

Comment

Battle Report: Episode I

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ba...hogun-2/703964
                              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X