• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shogun 2 Cinematic Gameplay Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...hogun-2/702267

"Hot".

Re: Shogun 2 Cinematic Gameplay Trailer

Looking good! :d

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I am so stoked for this game, and that just adds to it!
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Yea, it does look good :)

|

Comment

The amount of MoCap (Motion Capture) that is going into this game is OBSCENE from what I have seen for interviews with the developers. This is going to be the most epic Total War game yet. They are limiting the number of unit types to 30 but they are stressing that people who are hardcore will win by knowing strengths and weaknesses of all the units. There will no longer be a system of one unit being just a few points stronger then the next like you see in Empire total war or Napoleon. Units will get better during experience and you really need to know who to use your units. For instance one player could be all cavalry and just run infantry down but if the enemy has Archers your Cavalry are toast. It's more like a good game or Rock Paper Scissors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwmjC_OE4o
          FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I loved Shogun for the consistent unit types and the variation being cost and starting bonuses for the different houses. Variety can be fun but sometimes as a casual player being able to learn the units gives more enjoyment as you know that you can win with X unit or that you pulled something out base don skill and not overpowering.

Best memory of Shogun was when I had fought a battle almost completely through with 1/4 the forces of the computer very, very late in the game with lots of reinforcements, etc. I had this one unit of Ashgaru (sp) spearmen, ie peasants, that had been in my main force since the game started and had pretty good ranking, and I had held it back in case I needed to flee as I didn't want it to die.

My main forces were finally overwhelmed and this province was vital to my defenses. I let my last few forces flee past the spearmen, who I set to charge the 2 remaining enemy samurai units who were completely worn out near my side of the map and the computer had brought in another 5 units of spearmen from reserves. The charging spearmen caused the samurai to turn and flee due to their tired state, as they fled with the spearmen at their heels, the reinforcements turned and ran in a domino effect due to morale. The spearmen never caught a unit, but ran them off the board and I claimed a victory.

Maybe I've misremembered exactly how it worked since that was back when it was new, but the single spearmen unit running off the samurai to break every squad behind it I can remember clearly. At the time it was just fun to have a game where there was some sense of tactics and planning being rewarded before your eyes on a 3-D battlefield where the speed of clicking didn't matter as much as placement.

Man, now I want to play me some Rome: TW.
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I don't know if i can wait any longer. I also miss room total war and maybe that will be the next one they make all pretty because if they took that game and made it look and feel like Gladiator I would be oh sooo very happy.
              FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...