ArmA 2 Movie's - Looking for interest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA 2 Movie's - Looking for interest

So while things are quiet right now with school going on and RL for many people our game time has obviously dropped.

So I am looking to see if I can get a head count of people who would be interested in making some Scripted and Directed ArmA2 movies to pass the time and take a crack at another aspect of the ArmA world.

What would be looked for is of course people who can build missions but primarily those that know how to run the camera system for ArmA2 and willing to just do that instead of act. Also looking for someone with a great movie editor and not windows movie maker.

The idea I have is about a SF team tasked with apprehending a HVT who is a weapons smuggler or something of that nature. It will either be a vehicle ambush in a city or a assault on the HVT's compound with the opening being the mission start via chopper or whatever. the middle being the lead into the assault and of course the ending have some high climactic ending.

If you are interested and don't mind just putting a quick script together based on what I have feel free. I will be looking to use some mods not in the TG modpack to do this. Primarily some SF mods that allow for extra unit's not included in OA. The map will be chosen by the person who comes up with the best script and layout. I do want to hint that the new Fallujah map has been released so keep that in mind.

The song of choice is below.

So those interested get the creative juices flowing.

Also, there will be limited AI in the making of this movie to limit the number of AI harmed in the making. :)

FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: ArmA 2 Movie's - Looking for interest

Sounds like fun! I'm in.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

me too...but we need more than three !
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I'm in
        Spartan 10

Comment

Sounds like fun. Can't script in this game yet though but I can shoot & die on cue.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I wouldn't mind helping out. I haven't played ArmA2 since a few months after release so I'm not familiar with camera systems but I wouldn't mind learning them. I can buy OA sometime soon. I might point out that having multiple cameramen sending footage to a single editor is extremely time consuming as uncompressed footage is massive.
            I did a couple short ArmA2 vids a while back.

Comment

So i have thought the movie out pretty well and will post the idea that I have and everyone can take a look at it.

I would like to keep it down to just one person doing all the filming. There may be cases when each person will have to do their own filming but it would be a very short shot so I don't see that being a massive problem.

There will be a moment when the movie will have 4 different scenes running at the same time. So, essentially the screen will split into 4 showing 4 different action scenes.

Really looking to make this movie shine and look amazing so get your A game going!

As I see it We will need 8 actors playing SF members as the enemy will likely be played by AI or we can work some magic by having actors play the good and bad guys at different instances.

So, like I said I will be providing a detailed script of how it will be played out.

Keep you posted!

Very happy to see people interested in doing this.
              FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

I can make some stuff with sony vegas and after effects but don't entirely count on me.
                sigpic
                Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

i can also make stuff in after effects if needed :) also i can help with acting/dying on cue! ha ha

Comment

I can help if ya want...nothing better to do these days :D

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

*Bump* ??

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

More than happy to help if the time difference permits..
                        [RIP] Rusty In Places - Games Commander

Comment

Originally posted by BabylonCome View Post
                          More than happy to help if the time difference permits..
                          Same.

Comment

This looks like fun! Count me in viper, but only for acting.
                            sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

suggestion:
                              if you want huge explosions and more strategic views of battlefield, perhaps integrating some world in conflict clips would make it more interesting. :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X