No announcement yet.

Tell me about your client side AddOns.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about your client side AddOns.

Since we lost our AddOns discussion thread somewhere in time :p, I made this one to share some of my favourite addons. Please share yours.

AT GUI OA by Scruffy

This baby is a must for me and it brings 5 pbo's inside, you only need the first 3 if you are playing in TG:

at_gui_OA_cursor - removes weapon cursor even if server has them activated
    at_gui_OA_fov_aim - changes the FOV value when aiming to the same as unaimed
    at_gui_OA_fov_vehicle - increases FOV in vehicles a bit
    Optional:
    at_gui_OA_fov_aim_ANZINS - adds fov_aim for ANZINS_Weapons 1.32, use both
    at_gui_OA_fov_aim_rhm14 - adds fov_aim for RH_M14 pack, use both
    You probably have notice that the game zooms in a little when you bring up the ironsights, with this addon it wont do it anymore, and it's even greater inside vehicles you can actually see the cockpit with it! It's great for those with and without freetrack/trackir, it really improves the combat awareness.

FPS Counter by Deadfast

Yes you saw it right, no more resources sucking 3rd party applications just to check your FPS's ingame. This addon uses the game engine itself to show you your fps, and comes with a ingame on/off switch.

I'll post more latter after playing more games and checking if the HDR still is a problem in arma.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Re: Tell me about your client side AddOns.

Let me see if I can remember.

Pistolfied tracers: adds tracers to many of the weapons, since ACE2 hasn't done it yet to my knowledge (they used to look awesome in ACE, so why haven't they done it for ACE2 yet???), and the WarFX tracers, from what I remember, either didn't work or didn't look right (I don't remember, have to check again). Also, you an modify how often tracers appear, and allow a number of the rounds at the end of a magazine to be tracers.

STHud: It's the shactac hud, it gives you better situational awareness as to where your teammates are in relation to you. Also tells you just who is in your squad and whether or not they're a medic.

Digital compass: Allows you to quickly get bearings on a target, or on just about anything. Also, you can toggle it on or off in the escape menu, which is just awesome. Though, with the overlay it uses some overlays might not work... notably the toggle-able player names in the WAC missions and the 'capturing outpost' in Domination. Also, it doesn't have any drop shadow or outline so it will be hard to read on a light background.

ShacTac movement: Gets rid of that @!*#!#ing 'dodge' move when you're running forwards and quickly start to strafe, locking you into an animation you can't escape. Also, you can more easily move inside of buildings and against walls.

GDT Hdr: Let's face it, the HDR in Real Virtuality is terrible. you're either looking at a nearly black screen (usually when a few pixels of the sky are showing) or the screen is incredibly bright and hard to look at (when you can't see the sky). This mod allows you to change how much HDR there is and lock it there (so everything looks consistent). When not using ACE and using NVG's this also basically adjusts the sensitivity of the goggles.

Comment

That is a neat one that about the HDR, I didn't kinks that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Kinda wonder though, modifying tracers, the stmovement mod could be ruled as cheating, not so much a problem playing coop, but tvt...

With tracers on every say 2nd shot I'm no long the GPMG / AR... I'm a 1km range automatic sniper.

Plus when you can move through a doorway without clipping or getting stuck, your chances against the guy not using the mod are hugely improved

Comment

I hope the stmovement mod is not ruled as cheating, I think it vastly improves the game and fixes a clear flaw. I understand the rationale behind that argument but I think we need to think of some way of incorporating this into TG ARMA. I am (due to noobishness) unaware at this point of any downside to using it and as someone said before maybe this will lead to more missions in built up areas, instead of wide open fields.

I know for certain I would hate to go back to playing without it.

Comment

Wicks I think makes a good point about it correcting a flaw. Right now IMO, Arma is not able to provide what CQB combat needs. The ST movement tweak I feel compensates for the lack of what is missing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Indeed it is an amazing difference, but with PR looming I feel in the name
              Of fairness it needs to be either fully adopted or banned from use, at least on tvts

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions ozy, going to try some of those.
                sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...