Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status update

Long time no see chaps

First of all I'm all well despite my sudden disappearance from the online world, and I hope you are too. As the saying goes everyone has an explanation and an arsehole, and mine involves hours-long sessions in lecture rooms, on excercises and shooting ranges. In short studying real estate economics didn't quite cut it anymore, or Arma started feeling too unrealistic(joke).

Now I'm finally seeing more and more "free" hours in the schedule, which means it's time to fire up Arma2 again. OA is now ordered and should arrive within a few days, so hopefully I'll be back online by the end of the week. The first priority will be catching up with the state of TG, followed by some ingame time and redoing fnc_scopes for Arrowhead. I won't be nearly as active on the servers as before, but hopefully still well reachable by other means of communication.

TG was the natural choice, or practically the only one, when trying to decide on where to play. I hope to see you and be seen on the servers and TS soon. Hit me up with a PM or interrogate me on TS if you want to know anything else. I'm sure at least the members of a certain mission dev team have a thing or two to say... Like this: :row__539: -> :row__737: -> :icon_mad: (only half a joke here)

Re: Status update

Hey, glad to see you back. The state of TG is: yes. lol Slow time for us at the moment, but we're working on getting things a little more motivated. (School, Holidays, MOH and COD releasing, blah blah blah). But there are still quite a bit of us chillin around here and there. That's pretty much been it....

Welcome back!

Comment

welcome back, it's good to return now that there's cold and snowy weather here :p
      sigpic
      Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Welcome back Finucan, its always nice to see a familiar face. TG is an open community for a reason, there is no commitment here, RL ALWAYS TAKES PRIORITY.
        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

God who let you back in. :)

It is good to see the RL stuff get worked out and it is good to see you active once again! Welcome back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I think we have gotten hit with the circumstantial environment that has pushed us back quite a bit from our beloved title. For some it was work overload which increase during Fall times. Student school work, some adventure, or a little bit of exploration of different games on the side.

Hey I have tried the BF Bad Company.... Bleh... Tired of it in 3 days... Dredge saw me... lol... CoD Black Ops, Played it got to 24th level in about 4 days... and got tired of it. XMaster, Xeil, saw me on that corner.

But I always had some craving for this freaking, cursed, addictive, and possessive game. So I say we gonna be alright. We have some oldies and newbies playing it out... I seeded last two nights. Both times MOSTLY fun times. Good thing is I saw some people who were playing the night before. They came for more. So I say we gonna be alright. Holiday season is upon us... Expect some huge influx of Arma starved oldies.

Comment

Fincuan good to see you back, I'm getting myself back into arma too.

PS: Do you still play Silent Hunter?
              sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Welcome back Finc, and of course Jorge! ;)

Comment

Thanks for the (again) warm welcome.

My Arrowhead was delayed a bit and should arrive tonight. Meanwhile I've downloaded almost all TG mods, so it should be install and go tonight :)

Yes Jorge, I still play Silent Hunter, #4 to be exact. I skipped #5 due to the DRM scheme and because it wouldn't probably run very well on my PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
                    Yes Jorge, I still play Silent Hunter, #4 to be exact. I skipped #5 due to the DRM scheme and because it wouldn't probably run very well on my PC.
                    That was going to be my next question :)

See you later fincuan.
                    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Ehehe :)

Unfortunately Arrowhead and armor ops with Air Alex and Peardog was too much to handle for my PC, and one of the two Radeon X1950 Pros gave up. The remaining one won't run Arma2 properly so I'm off tonight and maybe tomorrow, but at least I now have a good excuse to get a new GPU.

Comment

Welcome back. And Welcome back to me too. Its been too long.
                        Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

I was just about to post something like this. I'll be done with exams on 12/6, so I was hoping that things would pick up around here. I Just need to get myself a copy of Arrowhead and get Yoma fired up.

Comment

Welcome back to all of us

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                              Welcome back to all of us
                              Spoken so true!!!! It is good to read the forums again and see some old friends getting some gaming in....

Homonym there with using the 'old' word. :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X