3 months into this game & I'm CO for a game...yikes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 months into this game & I'm CO for a game...yikes

I don't know how some of you guys are all over the map running transport & doing the commanding officer duties! We had a full Alpha server again tonight. If I didn't have a meeting in 6 hours I'd still be playing. It's funny because all I wanted to do at the start was be in B's squad.

I see a lot of repeat players night after night....would be great to see them in the forums here.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: 3 months into this game & I'm CO for a game...yikes

We were pretty organized and worked well as squads. Things went good again tonight thanks to Unk and B, good gaming with a bunch of pubbies! Would be nice to see a bunch of new members.

Comment

Full server again. That was some impressive organization achieved by each squad under your command, Unk. We had mostly unfamiliar names. But many who have come and played several times during last couple of days. We also have some new guys trying their hands on leading. It has been couple of days since my return after months of withdrawal. But those couple of days have been very positive. I see some new regulars already who is building friendships on the server amongst themselves.

We do have our new blood, some of my squad mates in the last couple of days which I have never seen are very much TG material. A guy who grabbed a chopper from base and flew it without picking up anybody two days ago, became patient enough to be a transport pilot for the whole team getting orders and all that.

Anyway today was something else... Unk glad you swallowed your fears and dove into the role of operational Commander. I think you did exceptionally well. I do think during the most of last two hours there was not one person who did not belong to a group, lone wolfing. Something else, I tell ya.

Comment

So glad to see the servers picking back up. Great work to all of you guys!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Yep, I'm starting to see the same names night after night (euro night's) in the servers also, and you guys are doing exactly what needs to be done, giving them some TG love.

Monday when I logged in socom was trying to get things organized by assigning teams, we add some problematic people in there, but after some time when I realised, I had a non regular acting as a CO giving the orders, some of the guys in my squad started using their mics, perfect comms discipline, and even the guy that was messing around crashing choppers when I started, was playing in a team and following orders.

Of course that everything that's good has to end, some moron hacked the server and ships started falling from the sky, people had no weapons, but even that was kind of fun.

This is exactly the way I fell in love with TG around arma1, and I bet it will happen to some of our new "costumers" too.

A big thanks to all the guys that have been in the server making this possible.
          sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Has been a lot of fun indeed, and sure whilst CO'ing a server full of random public players was without a doubt the most stressful task I've ever faced it was beyond awesome for people I had never seen before saying how awesome the server was and the regular guys pointing them to our forums.

More of the same please!

Comment

Great work guys...I've been busy busy at work this week...finding myself falling asleep on the couch before I can make my way down to the puter....I have a few days off around Thanksgiving so I'll be on more over the next few days. Huzza!!
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

One of my fav moments last night was running over to the flag at base to catch Bravo squad in a circle with Price leading. He finishes his briefing with "Can I get a salute?" and everyone did. It looked like fun.

Also there was Orig1n leading Charlie doing a great job provoking the enemy by stealing their flag then getting to a main objective just in time for a Hind to pin the whole squad down in the trees. Orig1n stepped up to lead reluctantly so Kudos are due.

I'll admit I did snap once when Clip was talking non stop in the side channel. I was a little frustrated at the time. I must appologize. He stuck around & eventually joined B's squad I believe.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Clip is unflapable, he talks continuously and loves the game. He is a work in progress hopefully b can finally reign him in.

Comment

Very glad to be seeing talk like this after a very quiet time and uncertainty of what was going on. I have been very distant as we were going through layoffs at work and no one really knew what was going to happen. I have whethered the storm and was able to keep my cubicle so I should be making a steady comeback to playing.

Please encourage the new players to visit the forums!
                    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...