TNG (the new guy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNG (the new guy)

Hey folks...TNG here. i played arma 1 a while back, but have been mainly playing BF2:PR for ages (when i get the time...new daddy here). i just picked up arma2 and operation arrowhead during the steam sale on friday.

so i have a couple questions (please bear with me if they have been answered before...i did check the forums for answers but didnt find them):

do i need any patches/mods to play on the servers?

is there a good "read me" tutorial anywhere, with a key-bind map and any other helpful tips? or is it best to just complete basic training?

thanx for any help, and thanx in advance for putting up with a noob. :D

Re: TNG (the new guy)

we currently have 2 servers running at the momment

alpha is plain vanilla, so no mods to download in order to play
    bravo is the modded server, we use this tool called yoma to keep updated. Basicly, cick one button and it downloads all the mods into the correct location

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-so...ml#post1486837
    this thread should also help, its a bit long but everything is in there

Comment

Thanx browna3...

is there a manual for yoma? i can get the TG server to show up and i have it favorited, but i get errors when i try to dl the mods...also i'm not sure what i'm supposed to be doing with the "Auto-config URL" file i dl'd. its a bunch of .xml documents and i dont know what to do with them. again...thanx for any help, and sorry i'm such a noob.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd_Wiggler View Post
        Thanx browna3...

is there a manual for yoma? i can get the TG server to show up and i have it favorited, but i get errors when i try to dl the mods...also i'm not sure what i'm supposed to be doing with the "Auto-config URL" file i dl'd. its a bunch of .xml documents and i dont know what to do with them. again...thanx for any help, and sorry i'm such a noob.
        That auto-config URL is neede in YOMA addonsync.

1) Press "New server"
        2) You should see auto config url panel where you should copy that URL (Auto-config URL) that you saw in TG ArmA wiki.
        3) Press "Import server"
        4) Press "Save"
        5) You should now see "TacticalGamer.com - A2+OA[ACE+TGMAPS]" in favorites.
        6) Open "Download addons" and then " 1) Check for addons" and then "2) Download addons"
        7) Now Yoma should have started to dowload ACe and TGMAPS
        sigpic
        Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by nikolauska View Post
          That auto-config URL is neede in YOMA addonsync.

1) Press "New server"
          2) You should see auto config url panel where you should copy that URL (Auto-config URL) that you saw in TG ArmA wiki.
          3) Press "Import server"
          4) Press "Save"
          5) You should now see "TacticalGamer.com - A2+OA[ACE+TGMAPS]" in favorites.
          6) Open "Download addons" and then " 1) Check for addons" and then "2) Download addons"
          7) Now Yoma should have started to dowload ACe and TGMAPS
          thanx nikolauska, worked like a charm...piece of cake :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X