I am hooked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am hooked

Hello everyone, not sure if this is allowed but I just wanted to register and say that although I doubt anyone has really noticed me much, I have been having a blast on the server the past fews days. I've always wanted to get into ArmA and get into a community and with the steam sale and my recent computer upgrade I decided I wanted to take the plunge.

I've been dieing to get into a community of gamers to play with but I have been afraid because of how new I am. I got to experience my first real tactical co-op experience here in the Alpha server though and I was so amazed. I was a grunt for a group led by a guy named B the other night and it was so awesome haha. (If you are on the forums, you made my day that day because I had so many cool experiences for the first time lol.)

My name I used was Aaron but I since have had it changed to GR. So if you see GR on that is me. I just wanted to say thanks for having such an awesome server available and hopefully I can become part of the community. I can play a lot but I am very new so I'm a little afraid of messing up. Sorry for the long post I just wanted to say hello and thanks! Really looking forward to playing more!

Re: I am hooked

Welcome GR and great to see you are having a great time here at Tactical Gamer. B is a veteran of TG and is one of our best leaders hands down. It's great to see that your experience has been great and that's how TG is. We do not complain about new players coming and having the maturity to learn the game. We are more then happy to have you here and hopefully your future will be bright.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Welcome aboard. I was on the same night. B is a real credit to how we like to do things on the TG servers.

The ALPHA server can get hectic these days as it is not passworded but as long as there are TG vets on there is usually at least one organized groups.

Check out our Bravo Server (ACE-Mods) which offers a much more structure environment. Problem is everyone has been playing on Alpha of late but ....At any rate we are glad you found TG. See you in Takistan.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Grunt and I were on last night with you on the alpha server. Good to see you in the forum. If you want some great team play, read our getting started threads, load up the Ace mods and join us on TS and Bravo server hopefully we will get something going tonight.

Comment

GR welcome to TG. No turning back now. I am glad you enjoyed my squad, and is hopelessly addicted to the game now. TG is full of teamplay minded players. And everybody is gonna help out the new guy.

Comment

Welcome! Indeed as mentioned above - plenty of people around who'd be up for helping. If you need some formal training up on how to do things the tacticool way, feel free to give me a shout and I can run you through the basics, or advance stuff, if you want!

Comment

Wow thanks for the warm welcomes guys! I'm in the process of getting the mods and teamspeak set up so I can hop in the Bravo sever sometime. I would really like to take you up on that training offer too Jacezz if you don't mind. As like I said I hate being new cause I really don't want to mess up but I want to take part and be active so bad. I'm doing my best to learn as much as possible on my own.

Comment

Well look at it this way, every time you mess up, a beer is owed to the dude you tK'd. :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Indeed, don't get hung up over messing up - it WILL happen, guaranteed you will make a mistake that will blow a whole mission eventually, we all have ;p but we laugh, learn a lesson, take a slagging and try not to do it again ( to mixed success ) ;p

Hit me up on ts and we can see what you need

Comment

Welcome GruntRebel, if you see any of the 6th on the server just follow us around, you won't learn much but I guarantee you will have to go some to mess up before we do, if anyone is going to botch a mission by accident it will be one of my bunch of clowns. We're all pretty new to Arma II as well, you should be able to hide behind our incompetence no worries lol. See you on the server.

Comment

Welcome to TG!
                      Look at it this way, you haven't yet found the last rpg off a dead enemy, and the rpg needed to finish off the damaged enemy vehicle that would end the mission, then missed it completely from 100m away while everyone in game is watching you. :(

(*cough* I was told I was going to get a ribbon for that! *cough*)

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Oh man Siantis, ouch haha. >_< I will keep an eye out for the 6th as well. I hopped on the Alpha server last night and got into a good squad with B and had some more awesome experiences! I did also get myself all setup up for the Bravo server as well, so looking forward to that. The only accident I had was I tossed a frag grenade by accident during a firefight, thank god it was in a direction no friendlies were in ha. (I couldn't pull my gun sights up and then when I tried to fire from the hip off went a frag lol.) I did take quite a few screenshots from the 10 man mission we did. I was wondering if I could maybe post some of those up here or if I should like make an AAR thread? I don't know if new guys can do that but I figured I could post them up for people to see, was definitely awesome.

Comment

Welcome to TG, GR. Sure you can post up images. You can either post them up in here or in our AAR forum. Just because you are new doesn't mean you can't post up pics ;) Unless they are of me flying. If that is the case I will have to "screen" them first to make sure you dont have any of me turning into a flaming ball of fear and soiled pants. :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                            If that is the case I will have to "screen" them first to make sure you dont have any of me turning into a flaming ball of fear and soiled pants. :D
                            Is thera a way to get picture of you without those?
                            sigpic
                            Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Made up a little AAR and posted it today, I don't see it showing up though? Do posts in that section need to be moderated first?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X