First Intro Movie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Intro Movie

Now i know its a bit long so I will put a skip intro otpion in :P but I was looking for some feedback on my first intro made in arma..just figured out how to use the cameras yesterday so thought I would have some fun and make an into for a mission i have in mind

a TvT map where North Duala attacks the south and the south's American allies.

the south was not expecting an attack and the American forces are wholly outnumbered(though not as bad as the video suggests :P) and must hold on until the nearest LHD can arrive with USMC reinforcements

anyways looking for critiques on the video :) ty

Last edited by Charles Darwin; 12-03-2010, 04:24 PM. Reason: Put in higher quality video

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Re: First Intro Movie

quality was pretty bad but video was cool :)
    sigpic
    Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

yeah fraps makes my usualy good computer into a brick not sure why

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
        yeah fraps makes my usualy good computer into a brick not sure why
        if you're recording with fraps you should have video that is same quality that your screen is displaying.

Or do you mean that it's start lagging?
        sigpic
        Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

yeah as soon as i start to record the FPS drops to crap, so i turned down the options to keep the FPS..though it didnt seem to help much in all honesty

Comment

Do you have fraps setup right?

Go to movies tab and check video capture settings.

use 60 fps and half-size, that makes my fps just couple frames less
            sigpic

Comment

hmm it did improve it some but still knocks bout 20fps off

Comment

then I don't know whats the problem :(
                sigpic

Comment

really strange is i get better FPS at full screen than at half screen..now figure that one out lol ill upload the full screen capture asap but its close to to 2.gigs to will take some time

Comment

Great video, and now for the critique.

Music, turn the volume down or lower the freq. As it is, its distorted.
                    Panning, Scanning. Try to limit the camera angles. Use third party camera addons or if interested play with the ingame camera scripts. Also, use more close ups for effect.
                    Texts. The ingame text is too small to be legible. Why not try to use the movie programs own text overlay?
                    AI's movements. You can force set the AI's speed. Instead of them running then walking and vise versa to keep in formation, you can force them to either jog or walk into the helo for example.
                    Speed. Try using slow motion ingame too for that oomph.
                    Also as others mentioned, either record them in same resolution or half the ingame resolutions. I find that by recording by half of the ingame resolution it is much more smoother.
                    Hope my critique wasn't too abrasive. :)

Keep it up! looking forward to your work!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                      Great video, and now for the critique.

Panning, Scanning. Try to limit the camera angles. Use third party camera addons or if interested play with the ingame camera scripts. Also, use more close ups for effect.

Keep it up! looking forward to your work!
                      The moment (0:55) where the camera zoomed out from the convoy and then flipped over was especially blegh and could probably be replaced with a fade-out/in as it didn't seem to serve any purpose other than to move to the airport scene. The zoom-out didn't really work anyway because I assume the focus lay on the convoy heading out, of which the view was mostly blocked by the bunker. Moving the camera to a higher angle would have worked a bit better, but probably didn't bring anything new to the viewer. Also, it's a good practice to maybe have the convoy start rolling earlier and start filming a bit later, because the stop-go motions in the beginning are confusing (though typically arma).

The helicopter boarding scene could have benefited of a low close up of the men getting into the chopper. It's more exciting than a wide shot. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI87G...eature=related from 0:16 to 0:31 (ignore the music).

I did really like the rapid flyover starting at 2:13 when you wanted to focus on the enemy as it gives a pretty good indication of distance to the viewer. Try to keep the camera from going through the ground as it's a bit unnatural.

Digging your effort Darwin! The scripts must've caused some pain to create.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X