Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA 2 FreeTrack profile.

Hey guys.

CrazyDread and myself just went around building our freetrack to use with ArmA2. And we were wondering if any of you guys out there use free track. If you do and you managed to build a perfect profile care to share? :)

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Re: ArmA 2 FreeTrack profile.

i got freetrack, but i don't actually use it, since i find that i can't feel comfortable sitting still, i'm always moving around while playing, which means that if my freetrack is connected, my head would be all over the place :P

Comment

I agree with you HappyNoobing, using Free Track with Arma can be pretty hard, especially if you're not used to it yet.

After playing for a couple of hours with it yesterday night, I finally find it really fun to play with. Aiming at someone can get freakin' hard though, I still need more practice.
      I also found that it's far more easier to turn off Z axis (zoom in/out when moving face closer/farther) and the X axis(turn corner right, left). The rest of the settigs must not have a sensibility of more than 0.2, otherwise the slightliest shake of your head will make aiming and contact spotting almost impossible.

But I think my current settings are comfortable. As I said, I suggest you try to turn off X and Z axis in freetrack if you move your head around a lot!

Comment

First congratulations for saving 100€ and share with us some pics of your build. Did to make a cap or a clip?

Here is the thread I made when I built my cap: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...vx-3000-a.html it doesn't have the actual arma profile but it has the other configurations.

I'm yet to install it since I did format c: and installed win7, but I remember that I used a huge dead zone for z axis (zoom) and x axis (lean), disabled the rotation axis and y axis. If you are enjoying it with arma wait until you use it on fsx, il2 or lockon.
        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Here, Some pictures...

Making of:
          Crazydread18 when we just started...no beers involved (not yet) at this point and I'd like to point out that no kids were harmed during the building of our freetracks.

Again...our clutter.

The PS3 camera we're using....

At this stage, everything was going fine. Later on we had some beers and then came the frustrating moments...

Long story short: LEDs connections were inverted back at the factory*...so the diagram we had to actually plug the damned things didnt work...ok, we just had to switch poles (- being + and + being -).

But, as proud men who denies any failures on our end, we went the easy way and called them "stupid defects".

In a storm, we grabbed our alcoholic beverages and raged to the computer. Crazy sported his panda-themed gimp suit and proceeded with ordering another batch of LEDs. In the meantime, I was molesting a baby sheep.

At this point, all hope was lost. We called it a day and blamed the Mexicans for our failure.

Ok, so we were filled with angst and a hard feelings against humanity. But at this point, I did say "hey maybe we just need to invert our wires"...But I guess I was not convincing enough to make it sound like an ACTUAL, SERIOUS and totally RIGHT idea....

The next morning...Crazy finally found out about the connections. When he told me, I cried and urged to some shady websites to ease the pain and sadness.

Setup:

The PS3eye sitting under my AWESOME oldschool TFT screen (I accept donations towards a 24'' mind ya'll....)

The whole thing:

Our on/off switch:

Velcro on the side of my headset...god knows how much I hate sticking things on my stuff...

Setup attached to the headset:

Defect IR LEDs that were actually NOT defects!

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

Does it work? LOL

:D

Comment

It works pretty well indeed!

But darn XMaster dude... did you have to upload that crappy picture where I look a bit too happy to build myself that freetrack kit! ;)

And Jorge.PT, I finished my kit last week, so I had some time to enjoy it with FSX ands Wings of Prey. This is awesome. With FSX, I was previously using Cachyia, which is another software that use visible light instead of IR. Basically, you just cut a high contrast half-circle and paste it on top of a cap. This works crappy as opposed to Freetrack which is mostly working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                Does it work? LOL

:D
                Oh yes, It works wonders. And as a bonus to you all...

...the infamous pink shirt amongst other shirts and clothings....

The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by crazydread18 View Post
                  After playing for a couple of hours with it yesterday night, I finally find it really fun to play with. Aiming at someone can get freakin' hard though, I still need more practice.
                  I also found that it's far more easier to turn off Z axis (zoom in/out when moving face closer/farther) and the X axis(turn corner right, left). The rest of the settigs must not have a sensibility of more than 0.2, otherwise the slightliest shake of your head will make aiming and contact spotting almost impossible.
                  maybe i should experiment with these settings a bit more. what's this X axis that you mentioned? is it lean? i thought having incremental lean is one of the major advantages of using these tracking devices on the ground. i made mine with USB power so that i dont have to hang a double AA battery pack on my head ^^

Comment

That looks very nice Xmaster/crazydread18. How is the performance with the ps3 cam?

We need to get together for some il2 fun one of this days.
                    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

I would say that the performance with the PS3 Eye Camera is outstanding! I'm able to achieve around 125fps when the software is reduced to tray.

Plus, the IR filter is pretty easy to remove. I also put some polarizers to replace the IR filter. This way, I only receive IR signal and don't receive any visible light. This enhance the performance even more. Auto exposition and white balance can also be turned off to enhance the performance. PM me if you need the drivers for this camera, I can send a link.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
                        ...the infamous pink shirt amongst other shirts and clothings....
                        My day has been saved!
                        sigpic
                        Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by nikolauska View Post
                          My day has been saved!
                          Glad to be of any help.

The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by crazydread18 View Post
                            I would say that the performance with the PS3 Eye Camera is outstanding! I'm able to achieve around 125fps when the software is reduced to tray.

Plus, the IR filter is pretty easy to remove. I also put some polarizers to replace the IR filter. This way, I only receive IR signal and don't receive any visible light. This enhance the performance even more. Auto exposition and white balance can also be turned off to enhance the performance. PM me if you need the drivers for this camera, I can send a link.
                            Yes, please send links and your system information. Would those drivers work flawlessly under WinXP?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X