• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achtung, new official patch out!

Patch 1.57 for OA has been released in case you haven't noticed:
    http://www.arma2.com/index.php?optio...-50-to-1&lang=

Re: Achtung, new official patch out!

Updating in progress.
    Last edited by Impulse 9; 12-22-2010, 03:23 PM.
    The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

I find it funny, that patches these days, are the size of full game releases from just a few years ago, lol. 2.5GB!

Comment

Assuming that you are referring to the steam patch?

The standard patch is only 430mb ish and it includes all updates from 1.5x to 1.57, along with the DLC updates.
        The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Yep, Steam patch for me.

Comment

I think that's because of the way steam does update patches. Instead of being able to do inline-patching (replacing code with say, RPMPatcher or Wise) you have to download the entire new file. So when it comes to say, changing one thing on a map, or a better shader, you have to download the complete file instead of patching the code.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
            <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
            DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

I have never seen them role out so many patches in such a short time. Makes me wonder if the ACE dev's are showing them how the patch process should work...
              FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Guess you have not paid attention to their beta patch cycles.

155 and 156 were both bugged releases, 156 had a large number of issues that should have not made it to release, and thus why we have 157.
                Its hard to convince people to install a beta patch, much less support the beta patches.

The 155 patch was also a bit rough. (understatement)

To keep in that same line of thought, we have had to run the servers on beta patches to get around some of the standard point releases.

At this point I think I have a new game to play ... I mention ACE, and wait for Viper to make a remark.

Comment

.....it's the holidays.
                  Last edited by Jack Bauer; 12-22-2010, 07:33 PM. Reason: Not showing respect myself. not setting a good example

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X