Putting out some feelers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting out some feelers

There is an ongoing thread at another community, UnitedOperations.net, that involves a "joint-ops" with above mentioned community linked to the ongoing communication thread that has been started.

I would like to start getting some TG feed back as well as some pre-estimates of potential numbers that we might have. One of our admins, Browna, has started the conversation with UnitedOperations.net and has INITIALLY proposed the use of our servers and the use of VANILLA ARMA for the ease of this first Joint-Op.

Please put some feed back in this thread or you can view the "feeler" thread in their forums HERE.....

This is just to has out our numbers and what our community would like to see in this joint op, so all recommendations are welcome BY ALL!!!!

edit: Please Be Respectful If You Post On Their Forums!
    Last edited by Jack Bauer; 12-29-2010, 02:04 PM. Reason: forgot link and add

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: Putting out some feelers

There are some. Members of both communities who would like to see all this healed and good relations between the two gaming communities that share such a common history and philosophy of gaming.

As a member of the old 353rd here and the Omega Group at TG, and as someone who plays regularly at United Operations, I would welcome any opportunity that provides high quality tactical play of a game we all love.

Remember as you read the thread ... as Browna said "feelers" here. Not yet a commitment, just a way of seeing if there is a way to get together and hove some fun playing. Candor in any response would be welcome by both groups.

My opinions, expressed here, represent none but my own. I am a player ... first and always!
    "The unexamined life is not worth living". Socrates. "The unlived life is not worth examining". |TG| tiggr

Comment

Sounds fun, I'm up for indeed!

Comment

Always have been impartial. We're all here to enjoy playing a game that we enjoy.

Any time we bring up anything that has to do with our past history is just a sign that we haven't progressed.
        Yes, there are good reasons to revisit our past history; i.e. to improve.
        But, I believe that we should just outright move onwards and upwards.

Bring on the joint ops with any and all players.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I'm getting the feeling from reading their forums that there hell bent on ACRE!

What is our feeling on having to install, setup, and learn ACRE for this 1 (one) time event? We kinda wanted to do a smaller first time EASY to join joint op, thus the vanilla suggestion along with an update of TS to use Channel Commander, but it seems as though they won't have anything of such but on their servers and their TS. I know it has been said its still a little, and i mean little unstable with greater numbers, but that is why i am trying to judge how many we are going to bring because of this.....were trying for a "joint" opperation but its getting a little hard for joint.

I feel as though this community can handle the quick and dirty setup with ACRE as long as we have a good "round-table" TS meeting to set up the radio mod. What is our stance on this? It may limit our leadership abilities for those who want to lead but are not familiar with the mod, but again, it's a little learning curve but not as brutal as people make it out to be.

How many of the new converts from PR are going to want to play...it's a good chance to see how this game works with lots of people, but do you guys want to take the time to learn something you'll only use once?

Discussion people!!! :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

personally, i want no acre for this event. If it goes ahead, and that's a big if! just a reminder that nothing is confirmed yet. not dates etc. just talking and trying to persuade UO to not use acre for one mission

Basically my reasons for no Acre are simple. i want the first event to be as painless as possible, introducing a new mod to us regardless of how "easy" some people say it is (i don't know not used it) is a bad idea and its one more thing that can go wrong and turn an event into a huge CF. future events sure we can use acre but the first one should be as safe as possible.

Comment

Hello everyone at TG!

Its great to see an attempt at building some bridges and there are a few here who still play at TG that I would like to play with again so in my eyes this is great!
              As for ACRE, UnitedOperations is the official ACRE community. We always use it for it's incredible addition to realism and immersion into ArmA and the fact that it makes communicating with everyone around you substantially easier. It is now almost completely bug free as of the newest stable release. Also any other community that has come to play with us has used ACRE and we always help them set up if needed.

Over at UO we have people called 'Regulars'. These are well trusted people who know Arma and ACRE well and any of these can help you set up ACRE if needed. Many people are offering to help the install which is very easy since it has a self installer and help with the use of the radios. Normal grunts have it incredibly easy, any monkey could use their radios. But SLs and RTOs have a bigger job with the PRC119s and the PRC148s. We are all also offering to give a 5-10 min crash course which would have you up and running in no time with those radios!

The vast, vast majority of our community would prefer if we stuck with using ACRE and don't really mind about anything else. Hopefully you would like to use our mod and we can have a huge epic event and play with old friends! :D

Comment

Thanks for the kind words and you making an effort to come over, but we came to you for a "joint-op" to maybe break the ice, and honestly I'm glad that all this is just putting feelers out b/c from the looks of it and reading your replies at your community, I think this going to go no where.....shame really but who knows, it might eventually but TBH, I'm not feeling a good vibe and I've been a "regular" since this whole mess started...you guys can't even "see" common ground for the FIRST mission so that the new people in our community that just bought the game can get a taste of a GIANT coop experience...

Maybe in the future, but thanks for making the effort to come over to our forums, it is much appreciated of you making a step in the right direction on behalf of your community.
                Last edited by Jack Bauer; 12-30-2010, 12:46 AM. Reason: Can't type on iPad

Comment

Acre is not foreign to TG it got its start here like most of the players at UO, how soon you forget. Thats not a bunch of "who tf are those guys", most came from here . This is a chance to leave all the crap from the split behind and build bridges, download Acre and give it another try, maybe you will even like it .(until PR gets here). Time to get rid of the big assed elephant in the room that you would not admit was there, United Operations is for real they and are not coming back. Lets go play the hell out of some Arma...Together.

Comment

Very good point Chief....but we need to remember (including myself) that nothing has been decided on just discussion and UO is he'll bent on ACRE, and rightfully so, it's just no consideration for OUR new players who have never ever played Arma before, let alone a radio mod.

Remember, us Arma people think this game is easy to set up and install things, we play it everyday; new people think this game is absolutely nuts in it's conception and many parts it has....

Thanks for the post young lad. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

What is this place......I feel like I am in an ex girlfriends apartment.

Anyways Hello TG.

Just came over to say hello as the official speaker for UO in community relations. I would like to address some things in this thread. Yes we are the official ACRE community and my community is pretty adament on using ACRE. Yes jack I agree ACRE and Arma is a pain to set up. But if your players are as new as you say they need to set up ace anyways becuase me and browna already agreed on using that.

After reading the thread at UO and here I think what is best is to maybe do some fun lil training events before the event. Me and browna said we would like the event to be at the end of Jan or early FEB. We could do 2-3 short ACRE/ACE training sessions before then. For the most part the common player from TG will just need to install ACRE, put it in their mod line and thats it. It uses TS PTT button to speak and Caps to transmit over the radio, most ground troops don'thave radios or need them. If someone from TG wants to lead we can take them step by step in using all the radios. It would take no more then an hour and I think an hour is worth the fun to be had at the event. So that is my offer browna, let me know if you wanna set some dates to do radio/ace classes. They are fun anyways and can be like mini-events.

Comment

Hey guys.

Hows she hanging?

As I offered over along, if (IF) we end up using ACRE ill be more than happy to run a quick 'dirty' configuration and orientation class on the radios. Just let me know if you need instructions, eh Dredge? (sorry I still think that one was funny)
                        Nihility

Comment

Acre is not like the HIV virus, you can get rid of it if you don't like it. Come on deep down you know you want to try it again, the first hit is FREE! For the new people I am the child of divorced parents and spend time at both houses, TG and UO. (every other weekend , every other holiday, every other summer vacation)

Comment

+rep Chief.......that one made me laugh hard!!

Comment

Jack the link you gave requires people to register in those forums. As for ACRE I don't see the interest in having it for a "joint ops" and even less in having to need "training" to use it.

If there is real interest from both parts in a event, I believe it would be of the best interest to keep it simple and in common ground, an event with ACE only and no ACRE or any other mods would be the sweet spot.

I'm in for a nice ACE event in the vanilla islands, no fancy stuff needed.
                              sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...