Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual?

Hello everyone!

I joined the dark side yesterday, getting Arma 2: CO while it was on a mega steam sale. I happen to be one of those BF2 PR noobs :P . I have started with OA just because I hear thats where everyone plays online. I have completed basic training (except for high level command and building stuff, since I figured that wouldnt be useful in MP), and am now trying some CO-OP.

I have no idea what is going on. I have only been able to successfully spawn once, and I think thats because of luck, not me figuring out. This whole system seems all weird. Utterly confused, I figured out how to type globally and ask why I didnt appear to be in any type of fire team, or something like that, along with a lot of other newby questions. Finally 1 kind gent told me this was domination or something like that, so there was no team structure. Thats all I figured out.

I dont expect someone to type out an 8 paragraph "How to get started with Arma multiplayer for newbies" guide, but I was wondering where I could find such an item, similar to the PR manual? I have googled and googled, and this is all I have been able to find: http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/...f?t=1277490167

And that only tells me I am supposed to pick a role, which didnt make sense because when I got in game, Medics had LMG's and AT weapons O.o

So, in conclusion, I know all the stuff PR experience, and going through the arma boot camp gives you, but could really use some help learning all the online specifics.

Thanks!

Solo
    May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Re: Manual?

Hey Solo, on the iPhone ATM so can't provide anything wow but will be on ts tomorrow - if you give me a shout then I'll throw up domi and get you up to the basics if you want!

Comment

That manual you linked gives only parts of how this game work and most you can get out of that manual is control scheme IMO.

Domination is the most played and the simplest gamemode there is. Your mission is to clear whole map of Takistan one city at the time + some sidemissions.
      For example, game tells you that you have to clear Feruz Abad from enemies. When you go there you will see some enemies that have spawned there and radiotower that someone need to destroy. Sometime there will be some secondary objectives in cities like "find enemy ammo truck from the city and destroy it".
      There are also sidemissions you don't need to do but by doing them you will get some new toys to play with for example a new tank or helicopter.

TG usually uses Domination to gather guys to play coop missions. Coop mission means mission where everybody is playing together against enemy AI (like Domination) but by coop missions we mean more team focused missions where someone really needs to command people, unlike in domi (Domi can also be played like coop mission but it isn't so much fun IMO)

Choosing a role also does make sense, you might have all weapons available but only engineers can fix tanks, planes etc. and only medic can heal (If revive is on everybody can revive but only medic can still heal).

Thats should give little info but I let Jacezz to give more precise information about ArmA (easier to tell in TS that writing in forums)
      sigpic
      Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Thank you!
        May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Comment

Apologies - I ended up not on ts for very long tonight! Will try to be more available following the new year, unfortunately I'll be pretty busy til then - but if you see any of the other Arma guys about give em a poke - they're an awesome bunch and would be well up for helping in the meantime!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X