MSO question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSO question

I know we set up all these different platoons so we wouldn't interfere with what each squad was doing. That's cool and all, but the problem I saw last night is while we have maybe 15-25 people on were all spread in these different platoons doing different things. My original thinking on how this was suppose to work was that say during EURO prime time even if you were in a different time zone, when your playing during there time you should be playing with them and towards there objectives.

Re: MSO question

John, the server had just been restarted after a crash and everyone was kind of rebuilding their COP's and starting over, kind of chaotic. Before the crash we were patrolling our areas had just started a combined operation but you are right there needs to be strong leadership to keep this going.

Comment

I am of the same opinion chief. I have been working hard on being very hands on with this event. There is alot of leadership available as well as a three strong higher chain of command all on th same pag to keep this thing rocking

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

If spawning contacts in doesn't kill the server we could have, in the final days, or on certain days, mini events where we can throw a group of contacts, some armour and say, a SCUD launcher into a town, and thereafter mount a joint op to assault and eliminate them. Would provide for a focused co-op go at things. Only concern is server stability... Which currently I don't think any of us really want to risk...

Comment

I have a question, Do the enemy sleep during ingame nighttime? we've been patrolling for 6 hours straight around the whole map and no contacts at all..
          Spartan 10

Comment

There is a definate lack of enemy presence in this and its getting incredibly boring even for an old Arma wac affectiondo, we are going to start losing players due to pure boredom. Nevermind, I just talked to Acog and he assured me this isnt really the case so I will find that out for myself later today.

Comment

In the first two hours of the mission yesterday alone there was %100 more contact with hostile forces as compared to the whole of the last 23 hours of the event. We essentially doubled the amount of hostile forces in Takistan to provide more contact.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

They don't sleep but contact is based on several factors. One being how friendly the towns near you are. The flag color let's you know. Green is friendly, yellow not so much, red gettin dicey, black bring a gun truck. The fact that you have less and less contact means the platoons are doing a great job of locking down their respective AOs. If you want to find contact go patrol a new town or the mountains. I'm sure you will find something

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

So basically we're way to good for this mission then. We need to figure out a way to suck more
                  Spartan 10

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmpaket View Post
                    So basically we're way to good for this mission then. We need to figure out a way to suck more
                    To be honest, the mission wasn't designed to have anymore than 16 players in there continually like the current TG setup. Thats why the areas are being secured faster and there is less and less contact.

We regularly play our MSO with up to 20+ players and are guaranteed to get shot at every time, if not get into a major contact; however, we focus on small areas and slowly expand out with OP's and then as you get out further full blown FOB's. This means a concentration of players in a smaller area which dramatically increases the amount of AI that are able to be focused on the players.

Are you guys playing with the latest release (3.31) or still on 3.3?

You also need to be careful about physically "adding" more AI as well (e.g. depending on how much you place, you run a higher risk of crashing the mission due to server load) :)

Comment

Difficulty can be scaled. During our first runs we only had Taki Guerrillas enabled. During the most recent run we had both Taki Gurrellas and Insurgents on resulting in 2x more contact. If we run it next time, we'll enable the Russians as well. I think then you'll have more contact then you can shake a stick at. :)

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

We had plenty of contacs during the first 4-5 hours of gameplay the last playthrough, today i had no contacts at all and i patrolled for almost constantly for 8 hours in different platoons AO's i think the talibans just went to bed and laughed at me while i was driving outside their houses
                        Spartan 10

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X