Tell Us Whats On Your Mind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Us Whats On Your Mind

Alright guys (and ACOG), now is the time for you too tell us what you want out of your server. Do you want ACE? Do you not want ACE? What about ACRE? Would you like 2 servers? 3? One COOP and one TvT? Or a mix of the two?

Give us some feedback. This is your community! The admins are just here to keep the peace and keep Acog from getting another restraining order placed on him :)

So........

Whats on your mind TG ArmA?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Tell Us Whats On Your Mind

I would like an update on the past MSO mission and the current status of the same. If we are going to wait longer than a week or 2 for the restart of the MSO mission, then reset bravo to the way it was before and leave Alpha as it is. I have been enjoying the missions on Alpha recently since the MSO went down. And to note that it's always the good leadership and comradre of the people, not so much the mission itself that makes for a good night of gaming.

Comment

i love Arma with ace and acre, most of the bugs are out of acre and it adds so much to game emersion. Would like more mso. Come up with a plan to rebuild TG Arma to its former glory! Give Dredge more crap in his Avatar area , hashmarks, service stripes, just fill it up!

Comment

TvT

|

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
          i love Arma with ace and acre, most of the bugs are out of acre and it adds so much to game emersion. Would like more mso. Come up with a plan to rebuild TG Arma to its former glory!
          I agree with everything Chief said i would love having ACE and ACRE back. Maybe give it a trail period again here at TG so people can see how much it has improved?
          Spartan 10

Comment

I think I'm a little outspoken on this, but I would love to see a three server setup to suit all tastes. Server 1 being vanilla, Server 2 being ACE+ACRE, and Server 3 being PR (when it comes out). I also wouldn't mind running once a month MSO missions on a server for a week at a time so we can all get our fill for that.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

I would have to agree with the sentiment abut ACRE, I believe it is at the point to where it is stable enough to put on our servers, but at the same time IF we do proceed down that path, it must be done the proper way and not just thrown on to let those who have never touched that system to swim around, I feel several TGU courses should be ran up to the release if we use it, and them maybe a smaller event.

On events, I love the idea of trying to include everyone, but i feel in doing so it has lost it's luster, perhaps a sticky of the upcoming event with a date to which the thread will be open for sigmoid so everyone who doesn't frequent the forums has a chance. But the idea to try and involve everyone, ala PC Gamer event where there was MANY pele is just to hard to do on a given bases and the lower numbers will make it more "wanting" from our community.

I feel the admins need to be a little more transparent, yes you guys make decisions in the admin forum and talk about stuff, which I greatly appreciate so you don't have jhonny and sue telling you how to do your job, but at the same time threads such as this one is a great start, just make sure your ducks are in a row wheyou guys do come out with something, nothing upsets me more than a great idea fubard b/c or rushing something to us, the community.

I think the amount of servers is something to think about. Before i believe we gave to many optiions and thus diluted the pllayer base, I feel we should have two servers, a PR server and an ACE server. Yes vanilla is nice from time to time, but is it what gets us the new members in the community or is it ACE?

I think another thing we have to talk about is how "hardcore" we as a community want to take our tittle. Are we wanting military-esqe community were SOPS must be followed or are we striving for that, but with the knowledge not everyone is apart of the military and will not want that. Along those lines I feel it needs to be clear on punishment as well, verbal warning then kick, then 24hr ban then exponentially increase from the 24 hr ban if need be.....it needs to be known.

I'll defiantly have more as the night goes on but i feel I have said enough for now! :)

"TG leads the way"

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Vanilla on Alpha & Ace on Bravo is good for me. I have tried the ACRE & do like it but then it's not a deal breaker. I've tried assisting several people thru the Yoma,Ace,OA steam work around & think it can be pretty hard to throw Acre into the mix. I'm excited about PR so can do with Ace alone until PR is released.

To my mind its the missions that are the bread & butter. The Insurgency is great, the MSO is awesome. Really like the MSO. I wish I could play TvT very much but at 10 fps when the going gets going makes it far to difficult to hold my crosshairs down while everyone else can run, crouch, aim & shoot me while I was prone & dialed in with to start. It's not a lot of fun until I get a new card. Don't know how many others are in that boat. When that happens I bet my attitude will change very quick about TvT.

About the SOP. Fully support advising players why we are here supporting TG. If players are trying to get up to speed & improve teamwork & immersion then let the hiccups be gently handled. Have done quite a bit of squad leading while the server was not so full so I am very happy when some of you return from your non-arma lands & show the way. While there has been a password on the server there hasn't been much of anything I've seen that would require a kick. Now the non-password Alpha.....fill in the rest of the book.....

What about during a lull or break from an MSO if we try posting a password on the forums for Alpha. It doesn't require TS to join & as soon as there is a problem change the password. Has that worked to bring in new blood in the past?
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I would love to see a vanilla server and an ACE+ACRE server. I see no reason we shouldn't run ACRE and I never have.

As far as the admins go I think you have done a fair job till now but a few things could be improved.
                  - Openness, you can never be to open(well yes you can, but a bit more openness without turning this into a democracy wouldn't hurt)

-Bans, this is where I think some trouble has started in the past, and its not just arma admins fault. Bans need to be given out more liberally, and then need to be enforced. When you ban someone BAN THEM FROM TEAMSPEAK TOO. Other wise they will just get on TS and twist the story and rally sentiment against the admins.

-Teamspeak, this again is not all the arma admins fault but teamspeak rules enforcement has always seemed iffy. You can go on in a channel having fun, possibly breaking some rules for months, and then all the sudden BANHAMMER. IMO the general channels should be strictly policed, while the IHS channels should be allowed much more freedom but should still be watched.(The deletion of the TFP channel being an example of when IHS channels SHOULD be policed.)

By working on these thing we can hope to avoid and future "incidents" and get the server back to its former glory.

EDIT: As far as unlocking the server goes, if we do it it needs to be watched very closely by the admins. In December I think we had unlocked Alpha and it was constantly full of tards with no admins around to go BANHAMER KILLSTREAK on them. But unlocking it is a great way to get new guys if we avoid domination and keep it policed.

Comment

+ACRE

Dont use the same ACE folder as everyone else, make a TGAce where all the ace with the correct version goes inside.

Enforce those files via signatures, and use autokick, otherwise some maps just can't handle it.

I would like to see default maps on all the time (fallujah domination), so people who just wanna start playing can do so.

Comment

After trying it out a bit, I would also love to see ACRE (+ACE) used on a TG server. We could also run weekly, or bi-weekly TVT nights for those who want that fix.

I like Hegway's suggestion about a renamed @ACE folder.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

I just want more people to play on the bravo server. It seems like no one plays anymore. We had a lot of people for the MSO, i'd like to see that many people in a TvT, or Insurgency. Vanilla is okay, but the sounds make me want to punch my computer screen.
                        -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalWarrior View Post
                          Vanilla is okay, but the sounds make me want to punch my computer screen.
                          Always have a standalone sound mod available :)

The three server setup is a good start. Many ways to play ArmA and still follow the TG mantra exist. Since the initial release of ArmA the cycle of different servers with different games types, to one or two servers with everyone put into one game type. Often a particular mission or mod grabs the attention of the masses and most traffic is directed to that server or multiple servers leaving those who are not fans either left out or with low population. In the past, responses have always been to cut off or remove access to those missions or mods so the vocal minority(which is often the idealistic view of ArmA) is not left out. Perhaps in the future we could keep those avenues open and keep the servers configured to allow the different types of missons/mods be played exclusively on those servers.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Regards the TS3 bans, that one was always a bit difficult with the issues we had with the original TS3 server. Now that the server works, and accounts are lined to the forums, admins don't need to be online to "catch" the id to ban it. :)

Comment

As far as the transparent admin team, you guys are looking at it. Our Admin forum has been all quiet except for server update information that we are logging. The admins have been in here posting away and that is the way it will stay. Almost all admin discussions, minus those dealing with things that need to be dealt with behind closed doors like bans etc, will be done here. In full view of you, our players. We have nothing to hide. We are players just like you. I can assure you that the admin team will remain open and approachable, and I as the Game Officer will do the same. We are here for you guys (and acog). If you have a problem, let us know. Let ME know. If no one says anything, we don't know anything is wrong and can't work to fix the issue(s).

With that said, keep the feed back coming! We are getting some good feedback and a good feel for what the community wants.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X