Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should ACE be on BRAVO Server full time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should ACE be on BRAVO Server full time?

So, yet another ACE Thread, please vote yes or no as to weather ACE should be included on the Bravo Server for normal (i.e. non-event) running.
    Yes
    83.33%
    No
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Re: Should ACE be on BRAVO Server full time?

Bravo: As many mods as possible to allow many features and missions. And if a mission doesn't like all the mods, just disable them as done with MSO, it worked great.

Alpha: No mods, to allow everyone to join easily, and also serves as clean backup server.

Charlie: A server running PR for all the TvT junkies.

Delta: A server running domination all day with support for over 9000 players.

Echo: A public mission server, where people can upload own missions and play it with others.

ok ok I stop.

Comment

Keep in mind, PR is coming out at minimum this summer. And if you look at our servers, we don't have many people wanting TvT, other than Insurgency.

I would like to see @TGMaps on a server, or atleast Thirsk Winter. The old Bravo server on ARMA II had some very nice SOCOM styled missions on it.
      |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
      Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
      We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
      And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
      He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

Right now there is some internal discussion as to how to roll things out, so all in due course. We know that if/when we bring ACE back we will probably do so without TGMaps at first to keep DL size down. TGMaps as we know it might get a facelift, once the admin team has fully explored all the avenues we will bring something to the community so you guys can tell us what you think. These maps will be back, but when they come back is up for discussion.

@Warrior: Regarding Thirsk, so far as I know there is a bug whereas the AI can see through all of the trees on the map. Suffice to say, I doubt we will see it's return until that is fixed.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Sounds like a plan right there. :icon14:

Regarding islands, please pay attention to the following issue:
          Shuffling islands back and forth burns out mission makers easily. Nothing destroys one's motivation faster than preparing a multi-mission coop campaign for one of the modded islands, getting ready to release it and then seeing that the island has been removed from the server. Imho an island should only go to the pack if it's tested to be mostly stable, doesn't contain any obvious bugs and most importantly brings something new to the table.

Comment

Right, exactly. We're not going to put an island on the modpack if there are no missions for it. We won't take away an Island for no reason. If we add islands they will be fully supported. We most likely won't add an island for just one mission. When islands do come out there will most likely be fair warning so missions can be sent in and QA'd, so we have something to play on release.

Comment

Well. That's crushing. I hope we can find a substitute for it's cold, snowy terrain.
              |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
              Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
              We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
              And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
              He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

I hope so too, I think snow maps are absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Personally given what I have been told as the release date of PR, I think it would be foolish to add ACE back, and then only remove it in a somewhat short period of time. The amount of time it would take to get a stable and working mission base, with a cutdown addonpack, only to have that become back burner and unused after the release of the planned "main" mod, would be self defeating.
                  Last edited by socomseal93; 02-21-2011, 07:02 PM.
                  The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

My question to you Imp, is why those two styles of gameplay can't work in tandem. Different people have different tastes, no?

Comment

From all conversations with previous GO and current, the intent was to always move away from supporting ACE in favor of PR. I have no problem setting up the server and running it properly one way or another, but if the intent is to abandon it, I don't see why I should invest the time to set something up... not have valid and working content for it if the true intention is to abandon it.
                      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

I think recent discussions on TS between the admins and community members have started to sway that idea, and while I certainly don't speak for Dredge, I think the community in general wants to have ACE not only as something to play now, but as a future alternative to PR.

Comment

Meh, IMO I wouldn't go anywhere near ruling that ACE will be dropped for PR until we've had a good bash at It - no-one but the devs and ( assumedly ) their testers have touched it - for all we know right now we might not like it ;p

A good few of us like our ACE for sure though ;p

Comment

I had the distinct feeling with the last GO that we were abandoning Arma for Arma PR and the servers sat empty mostly while he waited, bacially Arma was dead here at TG. I haven't gotten that feeling as of late with the new GO, hopefully Bravo will be left as the Arma CO with ACE and perhaps ACRE if its voted in. The TG maps folder can be adjusted to whatever you like, right now I am up to date with my Yoma updates for TG. Why on earth would you want to abandon ACE ?

Comment

I enjoy ACE, but the constant updating through YOMA I haven't really missed. I think we should discuss what it is exactly about ACE that the community likes. If there are enough pros then move on with having ACE on a server. I currently like the MSO on one with the second server open to whatever. If we could just get more enemy ai on the MSO it would rock. IMO.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X