Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARMA II / Operation Arrowhead?

Hi all!
    Played quite a lot of ARMA online a few years back, now looking to get into ARMA II etc. I'm unclear and what I need to buy? I understand that OA is a "stand alone" game essentially?

I really enjoyed the ARMA I + ACE experience. So do I need to buy ARMA II and OA? Or Just OA? Is there an ACE2 for OA?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Pete

Re: ARMA II / Operation Arrowhead?

Heylo Kneecaps / Pete!

In order to play on TacticalGamer severs you will require to have both Arma 2 and OA, a large portion of missions use content from both games and therefore not having one or the other would limit your ability to play on the sever unfortunately.

In terms of ACE, we've had OA releases for a while now, with the vast majority of the Arma 2 features still being present, minus one or two. You can get the up to date version of this via the Bravo server using yoma/addonsync currently.

Comment

Hi Jacezz,
      Thanks for getting back to me. Thanks for clearing that up. I will get both.

With regards to obtaining both, are there any "better" ways, disc, Steam etc?

I see there is a 'Combined Operations' pack containing both, (may not yet be available in the UK). Is this suitable for mods etc?

I'm most likely to obtain the DVD versions of ARMA II and Arrowhead as separate items as this strikes me as the "safest" way to go?

Comment

I've got the retail Dvds of both and haven't had any issue, I understand steam made it a bit tricky to get A2+OA+Mods working together when OA was released (May be easier now), but unfortunately I've had no experience on that end.

Combined Ops is the official tag on what you run when A2 + OA are working together and is what you are looking for, so if that's cheaper than buying seperately and you don't mind possibly having to do a bit of work I'd go for it.

Comment

Thanks again. I think I'll just play it safe and pick up both the retail DVDs. They are available for around 13 to 15 each now so that's less than half of the full price on release for either.

Comment

If you can have them at a really good price retail then go ahead:) Steam sells the package for 40# usd. And i never had any problem running on steam if you use a game launcher..which is really easy to use:)

see you on the battlefield!
            sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X