Ask a game officer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a game officer

Going to be doing an article on ARMA for the main page. One section of that is going to contain an interview with our local GO Dredge. If you have any questions you would like added to the interview please post them here. Keep in mind these need to be ARMA related questions.

Re: Ask a game officer

Does Dredge really care for O'Neil or is he just playing with both his and Lorelei's feelings? I think we all want to know...

On more serious note - possible Shacktac / UO joint event - any news / thoughts on? Been wondering last couple of days.

Comment

As much as many are are excited about the aggressive new approach to leading the Arma community, what are the progressive actions that are being taken to address one important issue which is human resources? In every level of organization, one force drives that entity to a success, which is men and women who works toward it. What are the actions and plans being developed to bring in competent leaders, mission makers and obedient soldiers?

As we, as a community embark on this journey to write the legacy of The Dredge, what is the big picture? Are we leaning towards openness? Are we utilizing the latest and coolest gadgets making the potential new incoming players to go through several technological hurls? Or are we making ourselves open and easily accessible for the average Joe who wants to pull the trigger into the same direction as his fellow virtual brothers which stand next to him?

Any word on ETA for PR mod? What are the potential revolutionary differences between BF2PR and Arma PR? Arma is much more open to support any insane and crazy ideas of PR developers in terms of development tools.

Any reconciliation plan to the player base that we built?

Lovely to see some open cooperation with different communities. Further big plans to reach out to different communities? In this small community of Arma players worldwide (compared to other games), it is only logical to work together to provide each other the best possible experience by working together than competing against each other.

Arma is one of the best game out there. I have been addicted since its first release several years ago starting with Arma 1. Tried many different games, and always ended up back in this corner of TG. Ask many, I am probably longest registered member other than Grunt, Apophis, asch, Oneil, Bubba, and Big C (and probably more, hell I SL ed Jeepo, asch, and even Apo in BF series at one instance or another). Because of the openness of Arma and its potential direction a community can take this game, there has been many controversies surrounding its ideal direction. It is almost like a government and different parties of a country.

Opinions seem to always clash against groups, and always some are left disappointed. But from history TG always endured, and my true host for any games that I might be interested now and in the future.

Gooooo Dredge...

Comment

I just want to chime in here real quick before it gets rolling. If you have questions, ASK THEM! I will answer every question I am asked. Openly, and honestly. If there is something on your mind let it be known. If I don't answer all of them, blame John first off, then post them up in a consolidated thread and I will answer. This is your time to have answers. The only thing I ask is that you wait until after the article to post up missed questions.

I promise you, I will make sure everyone gets an answer even if it requires me too be up for 8 days straight.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Hey :) I got a few questions !

#1 : Do the executive is planing to take special measures to ensure a smooth and orderly integration of the predicted influx or new PR players. (do you think we will experience this sudden increase in our ranks, if yes can you evaluate?)

#2 : With the arrival of ARMA PR, are we going to create a separated entity (like BF2 did , you got BF2 forum , then BF2 PR forum. But im not sure if its the same leadership or not) . Please elaborate :)

#3 : I would like to know how did you reach the rank of commanding officer (brief bio maybe!?). What were the major steps and events. And how does it work at this level, what do you have to deal with on a daily basis?How does it work with the other COs and senior leadership of TG.

thanks!
          sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

I would like to know what will be the advantages of Arma2PR over the present version of Arma2. And will it require an inhouse tech to convert? Thank you.

p.s. I miss Loreli

Comment

As TG'er and sometimes ArmA2 player, two of the biggest topics I hear mentioned are play versus humans rather than AI, and also the complex technical side of getting ArmA2 up and running as its played here at TG. Many folks mention these two items as the main reason they have held off playing ArmA2.

Would you care to comment on these Dredge ?

Also, could you describe TG's relationship with Realitymod and give us an update on how it stand currently, and what that may mean for us here at TG in the near future ?

|

Comment

Hey guys now the time to get your questions in, I'm going to close it on saturday morning so I can get the article up.

Comment

Whats it like being a GO, and are the rumors about you, Jeepo and a suitcase from Columbia true? :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Do you have a split personality....? *nudge nudge post above* ;p

Comment

1) What is the immediate plan/short term/long term plan for ArmA at TG?

2) Is there an ArmAII community wide integration in the works? (Not including the usual suspects; UnitedOperations & Shacktac)

3) How will the Addon process be better managed for long term rather than following the trend?

4) What is TG ArmAII really after? What type of online players are we after? (besides the obvious TG Primer and its appropriate SOPs of game titles)

5) Is advertising an option? if so, how are we actively pushing the marketing process?
                      Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 03-03-2011, 09:07 PM. Reason: more text

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I would like further what LowLow hit upon with player base;

How far up the milsim ladder do we want to go? Hardcore SOP style operations where if the military does it, we do it, or the more casual anything goes as long as you flow player SOPs?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

i so want to answer some of these question!!!!! BUT i wont cuz thats for dredge to do!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X