Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INSURGENCY Suggestion :)

Hey guys!

I have a suggestion to make concerning the mission Insurgency that we are running on the server.

I suggest that we keep a ratio BLUFOR/ OP FOR of 10 to 1. Which means that for every 10 BLUFOR, 1 player can go OP FOR.

I suggest this because their is already a lot of enemy poping everywhere, and this mission is only fun when you have big BLUFOR coop team. Sometimes their is like 6-7 BLUFOR and 2-3 OPFOR which makes any progress very very difficult :)

Tell me what you think!
    Last edited by Atoms; 02-27-2011, 01:15 AM.
    sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Re: INSURGENCY Suggestion :)

There is already a forced ratio in game, not sure exactly what it is, some were around 1-4 or 1-5.

Comment

yep, it need four BLUFOR for one man to go OPFOR and eight BLUFOR for two OPFOR etc.
      sigpic
      Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Liking your thinking Ratatomik... Maybe it would be worthwhile varying the ratio, or even randomising it to throw in a surprise element?? A random number between 6 and 12 perhaps?

Irrespective of ratio and team size, and as with most of the Arma missions, teamwork is the key. Without it, IMHO, the ratio makes no difference. Myself and a few lucky others had a pounding on it last night with some funny medical situations (nods to Huskie/Refaim). Thanks to all for a good session.
        Last edited by Jaycius; 02-27-2011, 06:26 AM. Reason: Typo

sigpic
        D E A T H
        IT'S OUR LIFE

Comment

Yeah, was much fun Jaycius. I think you revived me and Huskie 2-3 times each in the span of a few minutes.

It would seem to me that Opfor slots are a good choice when you would have had to start a new squad with only 1 person. 1 person squads aren't as much use/fun, so going Opfor is, potentialy, a better option. I would set the limits so that there is one slot open for every full squad. I think the squads have 5? Question is, is it worth changing from 4 to 5?

Perhaps it is Rata's thoughts that we should wait until 2 squads are full before somone goes Opfor. I can buy that as well. Player 6 often plays second Medic anyway... and if it's me i'll just grab a mortar ;).

Comment

I like the ratios now the way they are, if there arn't any live players on the opfor team the game get very predictiable and the fun factor for me goes way down.

Comment

I notice some players look down on the individuals who decide to go OPFOR and I never understand why. The argument is always that the OPFOR already have a ton of AI and it's "unfair". I actually enjoy when people are on OPFOR - it gives the game a lot more life and brings in an element of surprise that the AI will never have. Maybe a lot of us are too use to the game being easy and predictable when all we play against are AI? :)

Comment

TG Arma has leaned more towards coop since the beginning with some tvt thrown in here and there, that may change as the player base changes especially if more PR players start playing here. I myself am not a big fan of tvt but I will play it to get people to play here . Some of us like to play this in coop mode, it's not that we are looking down on someone for wanting to be an opfor. I am willing to play tvt as long as the tvt players are willing to play coop. I have never played PR and probably won't play it when it comes here, it's not my kind of game, the same reason most PR players won't play Arma as it is now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X