Idea's for the next MSO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea's for the next MSO

Soon I will be starting the place the units and vehicles down on the latest MSO.
    To help people enjoy the next MSO, i thought it would be a good idea to ask people what they enjoyed about the MSO mission and what could be improved.

So would you like to see in the MSO and what did you enjoy about the last MSO?
    (These ideas will be talked about with ArmA Admins. Some of these ideas may not be placed in the next MSO.
    Please no ACE ideas, its alredy been discussed.)

Re: Idea's for the next MSO

Well I've mentioned this befor, but with takistan's kind of open and rolling hill terrain its very easy to get in a good position on the AI from a long way off and just obliterate them. I would like to try and see this on chenarus or maybe even podagorsk if the admin team would like to bring that wonderful map back. Last while it was better last time the numbers of AI we were seeing still seemed a little lacking.

Comment

I would actually like to see a smallish OPFOR team which respawns and has a vehicle pool off grid which can organise attacks on COPs, recap towns etc ( with warning and some organisation with BLUFOR), or if it's quiet go hide in the hills and wait for a chinook to pass over ;p

Felt not enough happened previously and that a live opfor contingent mike make things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
        Felt not enough happened previously and that a live opfor contingent mike make things interesting.
        This. Needs more enemies cause the amount of players we have is way more than this mission was initially made and we mostly ended up decorating our bases
        sigpic
        Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Well, i've been looking over the scripts and reading the MSO chat on skype and found the place where to increase the ammount of enermy units and patrols.

Comment

This is a semi idea/encouragement

Maybe ironsighted (Not scoped) weapons would make things harder than the 5 sec engagements we had against the enemy. I'd like to get hardcore on the MSO and be rid of silly thermal vision, sniper rifles and all that. Keep the weaponry as basic as possible: Ironsighted/Holo/Reddot M4, Ironsighted M240/M249, AT4/Carl Gustav, and maybe even plain hmwwvs without weapons.

It would also be cool to only issue maps to the team leaders.

But really I think a big chunk of the issue lied with us being too well equipped.
            ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Crawlingeye View Post

Maybe ironsighted (Not scoped) weapons would make things harder than the 5 sec engagements we had against the enemy. I'd like to get hardcore on the MSO and be rid of silly thermal vision, sniper rifles and all that. Keep the weaponry as basic as possible: Ironsighted/Holo/Reddot M4, Ironsighted M240/M249, AT4/Carl Gustav, and maybe even plain hmwwvs without weapons.

But really I think a big chunk of the issue lied with us being too well equipped.
              Yeah except I was running around with a ironsighted pkm the whole last mso, didn't really slow me down that much, but I'm game if the rest of you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Crawlingeye View Post

TBH it was nothing to do with the tech, the enemy just wasnt there, if if they were it was a group staning in the open at long range, made it too east to engage. I would rather keep the same tech and equipment but change the map up and more enemy.

I dont want to be sitting in my base at night not being able to see 10 ft away while coming under fire from ai.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

The Second Battle of Fallujah would be the great, atleast from the storyline point of view. Third Battalion, First Marines engaging Mujahideen in a CQB setting could lead to some interesting gameplay.

If you read up on it, it's do-able, and would lead to a very historical and enjoyable MSO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Fallujah
                  |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
                  Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
                  We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
                  And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
                  He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

I have to say that I agree with there not being enough enemies. Along the same lines I think it would be nice to have a lot more civilians. All the briefings always talk about not harming civilians and such, but there are so few that it seems to not really be an issue. I don't know if its possible, but it would be cool to try to represent the numbers of people that would actually be walking the streets of a small town or village, and have to plan our engagements/shots around that. Also it might be fun to (sometime) represent a conflict that was more like open battlefield war than occupation force vs insurgency stuff. This could provide an opportunity to realistically make it more difficult.

As far as mechanics go, I mentioned the need for a save game type feature earlier. I think some people were looking into this, but I wanted to make sure it was still on our minds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacezz View Post
                      I would actually like to see a smallish OPFOR team which respawns and has a vehicle pool off grid which can organise attacks on COPs, recap towns etc ( with warning and some organisation with BLUFOR), or if it's quiet go hide in the hills and wait for a chinook to pass over ;p

I like this idea. It would realy spice it up if the Opfor team could intelegently move forces, and place defences in responce to the flow of battle. Make the Opfor players more of a command element than actual fighters. Put some experienced guys over there that are willing to use some constraint to keep it fun and interesting for all.

Comment

The next version will keep it unpredictable for you guys, don't worry. ;)

Comment

I think we need an Insurgency MSO TvT :) Let two different groups plan ops against each other. One big Army the other Insurgents. I foresee some fun with that !

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I really enjoyed the last MSO, but agree there needs to be more enemy soldiers.

Comment

I tend to agree with upping AI numbers, not changing tech. Scopes are fine, but if you have 20+ players line up on 10 AI its a done deal. Make it say 40 AI in that contact and the amount of lead coming back in will make it more real, more intense, and make you worry about sticking your head out regardless of optics! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X