New player looking to start multiplayer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New player looking to start multiplayer

Hi I just got ArmA Combined ops and I'm already annoyed at the "rigidness" of SP gameplay. I want to play online with a community like TG(I'm from PR) or similar tactical communities but I need to know what mods to get and where to go etc. I've only owned the game for 2 days so I really don't know where to even start.

And if there's anything I need like TS to play effectively let me know, any help is appreciated.

Ps - Does mumble work in Arma?

Re: New player looking to start multiplayer

Hi, and welcome , I am a new player too but I know that you will need 2 main mods , cba and the ace packet (ace, acex, acex_ru, acex_sm). You can get them through six updater which you can find here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id...ht=SIX+UPDATER after that I hear that there are a lot of mods that can enhance your experience as long as your computer can support them :)
    - - -

Comment

I wouldn't recommend using six updater, since we are on an update schedule different from the devs. Use the guide sandiford posted to stay current with how to get set up at TG.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

I can't access yoma addon sync with that link, is there any other way I can get it?

Comment

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/yoma-addonsync2009/files

updated guide

Comment

Thanks Saniford, beat me to it.

:)

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Currently there are 2 servers running. Alpha, which runs the combined ops in vanilla, then there is Bravo server that runs combined ops with ACE mod. When you get Yoma go to the find servers and put in tacticalgamer. The 2 servers should show, then right click to save them to your favoites. Bravo server is the one running ACE that you will need to put the extra url in for the download content. I would suggest you to find someone in the Arma section of TS to further assist you. I hope I havn't confused you. I am sure you will find someone on to help you get started.

Comment

Also don't forget to patch the game to the latest version. Before you do any of the above.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I dl'd all the requirements including @ACEX_SM with yoma but I have a lot of problems. I'll put them all here and see if I can get some help. And just a warning I'm not good with technical computer things like this so I might be redundant or ask noobish questions.

First of all I went to steam and added
                  [email protected];@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM
                  To Arma2:AO's launch options

I ran the shortcut and got a message reading:
                  Addon 'Extended_EventHandlers' requires addon 'CATracked2_AAV'
                  It get stuck on a black screen for a long time which is strange
                  I get to the main screen and get a msg:
                  No entry 'bin/config.bin/CFGVehicles/Land_bouda1.scope'.
                  I got a few more missing files msgs later on.
                  There were also some servers I couldn't play on because I had ace files.
                  Do I have to remove ace to play on non ace servers?

The next thing I tried was playing off yoma.
                  I selected the TG bravo server and connected to it.
                  I got a msg saying I needed TGmaps. After the message it launches the game anyway
                  I get an ACE loading screen and ACE mainscreen.
                  I get the same missing file msg, and a msg saying I couldn't connect to the TG server because the password was wrong.
                  I joined a server but my game froze on loading.

I'm very confused right now as to what to do so if anyone identifies and error in something I did here please point it out and I'll try and fix it. Thanks for the help so far.

And my game is patched, yes.

Comment

"Addon 'Extended_EventHandlers' requires addon 'CATracked2_AAV'"

This suggests to me that you are not running Arma 2 Combined Operations. Don't launch from steam, use Yoma or Spirited Machine's Arma Launcher. The server password is located in the description box of the Arma Admin Channel on TeamSpeak.

Spirited Machines Launcher can be found at the link below.
                    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89731

Comment

Del see me in TS when you see me on. I'll try to help you get squared away. ARMA is high maintenance when it comes to tweaking but we'll get you fired up before you know it.

...cheers...welcome to TG ARMA...it's worth the work....
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

ArmA is the true culmination of gaming in PC. After time, you will spend more time in notepad tweaking it than gaming :D
                        sigpic
                        Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

Do you TG guys arrange PvP events and/or matches against other clans/groups?

Comment

Sometimes, yes. If you have any prospects please use the Contact an Arma Admin forum to let us know.

Comment

I'll talk to you on TS about is later this week thanks for the help :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X