Just got ARMA2/OA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got ARMA2/OA

And I must say its a definite learning experience from regular BF2:PR. I think I've got everything working thanks to |TG-IRRp|Warrior/|TG-69th|Gijoe.

Hopefully some more TGU classes will be happening this next week I can get in on, but its more just getting the game figured out I guess.

Question regarding Addons, I have a skin setup I want to use (Air Force PJs/Multicam) but am trying to figure out how to use it ingame. Warrior said i should be sure to not make it something server side so you don't all download it, but how indeed do I install it and click the specific skin I want (Its got about ...50+ skin options in the pack - link included: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=7520)

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Re: Just got ARMA2/OA

All of those skins require some sort of addon which the community would need to download in order for you to use. Basically, the way skins work in Arma is dependent on you Side (BLUFOR, OPFOR, etc.) your Faction (USMC, US Army, etc.), and your Class (Rifleman, Grenadier, etc.). By the mission makers choice you are given whatever skin is set to your slot in the mission.

Where we get around individuality is with custom faces. You can download a pack which unlocks some default faces included in your game. The pack is linked below. All you need to do is download it and follow the instructions with the mod to install.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6019

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

You will not be able to use those, as those are server side + client side models. The only reskins that you can use are the replacement packs which are client side only. There are two full sections on armaholic filled with replacement packs. Be careful when choosing your replacement packs though because replacement packs will replace all soldiers of one faction. Thus, you will no longer be able to see the old faction. EX: If you get a desert USMC replacement pack, then whenever a mission uses US Army soldiers, you will see desert Marines.

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=...s_replacements

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=...s_replacements
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

ok thats what i was thinking was going to happen - guess you can't be an individual besides your face. Thank you gentlemen - see you ingame.

Comment

welcome to the Arma game, hope to see you in-game soon.
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the world of ArmA Serjikal!

Enjoy your stay and expect long walks and scenic tours.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
              Welcome to the world of ArmA Serjikal!

not if i can't learn how to fly helos.

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                Originally posted by Serjikal View Post
                not if i can't learn how to fly helos.
                Then expect long flights and terrifying burning wreckage :) Oh wait........thats me.............and why is there a body always in my chopper?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                  why is there a body always in my chopper?
                  People die from fear when they find out that they you're the pilot and they have to ride with you.
                  |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                  |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

welcome to TG ARMA!....my advice with addons and everything else ARMA is to keep it as simple as possible. It'll make your head spin keeping up with it all but if you keep it relatively simple it'll be a lot easier in the long run. I run Vanilla with no addons and the current ACE d/l through TG Yoma. Anyways welcome aboard.
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed