X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGU: Basic Infantry

TGU: Basic Infantry

DATE AND TIME: 3/19/11 - 5:30pm EST

Players will be required for TeamSpeak roll call in the TGU channel 15 minutes before the session.
    Anyone who is not present 10 mins before the scheduled start time will be counted as absent and will be disallowed from participating in the next module run for the game in which the module was missed.

Session Name: Basic Infantry
    Prerequisite: Installed ACE from TG Yoma
    Postrequisite: Advanced Infantry
    Length of Course: One Hour
    Instructor: Dredge, ACOGRecon

What not to post:
    "What time will it be in my time zone?" Work it out.
    "Are non-supporting members allowed to participate?" Yes. However, supporting members get priority.
    "It's not fair! I keep getting pushed out by Supporting Members!" Become one.
    "Can you change the date?" No, the date is confirmed.
    "I'm on the reserve list. How good are my chances of playing if I show up?" Decent. There will inevitably be a few cancellations before the session and there can be one or two no-shows on the day of the session.

Quick Session Information
    Date: 3/19/11
    Time: 5:30pm EST
    Arma 2 Version: Combined Operations ACE 2 (1.9 RC3)
    Be on Teamspeak By: 5:15pm EST
    Estimated Duration: 1 hour
    Server: IP/Password given out on Teamspeak
    TS3 info: 74.52.1.234:9988 / TGU Channel
    Module: Basic Infantry
    Number of Students: unlimited
    Credit pin: Basic Infantry

Ground Rules:
    *CHECK FIRE! Once on the server, hold your fire until specifically instructed to do so.
    *Listen to your instructor and follow their directions. The more the instructor has to be off-topic the longer the module will take to complete.
    *Minimize Com Chatter. Questions are greatly encouraged as part of the learning process, but many people may have questions at once. If you have a question or comment, simply type a request such as "question" or "comment" in the in-game chat and your instructor will call on you and let you have the com when they are able.

How Spots Are Assigned:
    N/A as class has unlimited enrollment

How to Sign Up
    IMPORTANT!
    Players who no-show without notice for a session will be precluded from participating in the following session for the game where they were absent. Don't let your team mates down! Only sign up if you can make it.

To sign up, please simply reply with the following two items of information:
    1) In house squad (unaffiliated if none):
    2) Your in-game name:
    3) Date you will attend:

Class Description
    Basic Infantry serves as the basis for all further TGU classes. In the Basic Infantry course students will learn Map Study techniques, Formations, Radio Procedure, and Movement to Contact. This class is a prerequisite for the TGU: Advanced Infantry course.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Re: TGU: Basic Infantry

Will this class be covering anything different (aside from movement to contact) from the Intro to ARMA course that was run a few weeks ago?

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

If you're thinking of more "advanced" drills (types of bounding, Peeling, Action/Contact drills etc) I believe that will be included in the next Advanced Infantry course. I asked the same thing a while back.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

This will indeed cover those topics more in depth, there will be movement to contact drills during this course. Peeling and Bounding will be covered in both this course and the Advanced course.
        Last edited by ACOGRecon; 03-13-2011, 03:00 PM.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

1) In house squad (unaffiliated if none): Unaffiliated
          2) Your in-game name: Wafflebot
          3) Date you will attend: 3/19/2011 and will be in TeamSpeak at 5:15PM EST (2:15PM local time)

Comment

Originally posted by ACOGRecon View Post
            This will indeed cover those topics more in depth, there will be movement to contact drills during this course. Peeling and Bounding will be covered in both this course and the Advanced course.
            Super, i'll be there as an Instructor dummy.

1) In house squad (unaffiliated if none): Unaffiliated
            2) Your in-game name: |TG| LowSpeed
            3) Date you will attend: As mentioned

p.s. LowSpeed will not need the Pin. Unless LowSpeed can use it as a coupon for a free pizza.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Haha, Lowspeed if you want we need people to act as "Opfor" for the exam.

Comment

I might be on at the time - not 100% sure yet, if I am gimme a poke and I'll fill out the OPFOR target range a bit.

Comment

1) In house squad (unaffiliated if none): TG 99th
                  2) Your in-game name: Butler
                  3) Date you will attend: 3/19/2011
                  sigpic

Comment

1) In house squad |TG-69th|
                    2) Your in-game name:Serjikal
                    3) Date you will attend:As Mentioned

I plan on being there, but complications that weekend might indeed hold me back for attending (Travel back home)

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Just a reminder, this class is a PREREQUISITE for the Advanced Infantry and following courses. If you have not taken this class, you WILL NOT be able to take the advanced infantry course, FT Leadership, Squad Leadership, or Platoon Leadership classes.

Comment

Due to lack of interest, I am going to have to postpone this class until next week. Time will be TBD, there will be a thread posted in this forum with information.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X