Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Run by Jace Event Mission poll

Heyloes,

I'm planning to book out server time in the near future to run an event, usual event style play kind of arrangement, however I'm on the fence as to which mission idea I'd go with, and would like to know what idea YOU would rather play.

Both ideas would be geared for 25-30 players, but have enough slots for 40ish.

So,

Idea 1

A Mechanised US Army Platoon (Bradley support) is currently training in the mountains near Zargabad in partnership with Takistani regulars. The news is kept fairly quiet in respect of issues surrounding the political climate between the US and Russia, this particular training event being carried out particularly due to the reason that if the US and Russia were to engage in a military conflict, the oil rich fields of Takistan near the border to Russia would become a very important strategic asset to the US.

So things take a turn for the worst and Russian propaganda artists and spindoctors begin weaving discontent and unrest within Takistan's political climate and manage to start a small uprising. During this time US troops are confined to barracks within the cities airport. Using the uprising as a smokescreen, keeping the local government blind to her schemes, Russia conspires with protesters, arming them with ak's, rpgs etc and in one last movement organises for several 'Takistani soldiers' on patrol to be filmed mercilessly beating down and killing several protestors. This sparks a mass uprising within the populace.

Mission would be to

A - Ensure the Takistani President/Governor/insert title's security (will be held inevitably within his mansion.)

B - Ensure the safety of the US emissary to Takistan (Will also likely be in mansion).

C - Assault and capture the rebel HQ, position to be decided on.

D - Minimize damage to infastructure.

E - Minimize civillian casualties.

Estimated size of enemy force - Approx 150-200 men strong, positioned in various places around Zargabad, in ambush positions, overwatching patrols, etc. Poorly equipped, but with enough Rpgs to be a pain for the Bradleys, repair, rearm and refuel trucks will be available at the airfield and vehicles will respawn in 10 mins, players in one minute.

Task Organisation

Plt HQ - 3 Men

CO
    XO
    Radio Operator

3 x Dismounted infantry Squads - 10 men each, 30 total
    SL
    Radio Operator
    2 x 4 man fireteams

2 x Bradley IFVs - 6 men.

1 x Platoon Medical detachment with Med Stryker available - 2 men

2 x Corpsman

Idea 2

A USMC Mechanised Platoon is on the run from a Russian Mechanised Company with armour support following the USMC company operating in the area taking a shredding from a determined Russian assault. The platoon is currently cut off from friendlies and reinforcements won't reach them before the Russians do.

There is however a small badly defended coastal town nearby held by the Russians, the USMC platoon must therefore assault and capture the town as fast as possible, prepare a defense and hold out until reinforcements can arrive.

Respawn would move to just outside of town when it has been captured, likely on the beach / coast. Two Bradleys and HMMVs would be supplied to allow quick transport to town, basic ammo crates would be available to load into the vehicles but no further ammo will be allowed so supplying the troops would become a concern during the holdout stage.

Russian infantry would respawn and start attacking the town approx 10-15 mins after blufor take control of it. Blufor may find mortars and static emplacements in the town ready for use... Not sure on that one yet.

Basically Blufor will face overwhelming numbers and have to create several fall back points, get creative and conserve assets whilst still getting good use out of them - as they won't respawn for this one.

Probably have a couple of A-10s fly overhead and bomb the Russian advance signalling reinforcements arrived one hour after Russians hit the town.

Task Organisation

Plt HQ - 3 men

CO
    XO
    Radio Operator

3 x 10 man Dismounted Infantry Squads, 30 men total

SL
    Corpsman
    2 x 4 man Fireteams.

2 x IFV Bradleys (or similar woodlands camo vehicle... Maybe even Abrams instead... Not sure yet!) - 6 men

Plt Medical Detachment - 2 men

2 x Corpsmen, with MEDEVAC HMMV.

Extra Assets

A few HMMVs to suit platoon transport needs.

Mission

A - Secure Coastal Town

B - Withstand Russian Assault until reinforcement arrives.
    Idea 1 - US Army Mechanised MOUT in Zargabad
    52.17%
    Idea 2 - USMC Mechanised/Armour Defense in Chernarus
    39.13%
    Another altogether - suggest one!
    8.70%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Jacezz; 03-14-2011, 07:36 PM.

Re: Possible Run by Jace Event Mission poll

I voted other because I would like to do them both.

Comment

I voted other, here is my plan even though I doubt it would be possible.

Basically you would take idea 1 and do it on the fallujah map, or the ports of the old arma city(i forget what it was called afgany or something). While we would have to download a special addon it would make the event better, because zargabad is just so small and we would get away from the same city we have played in 5000000000000 times before. Of course if you don't want to go the addon route then I guess you could consider my vote for Idea 1 instead of other.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
        I voted other because I would like to do them both.
        That's cheating ;p Can only do one at a time hehe

Originally posted by tralicrifleman View Post
        I voted other, here is my plan even though I doubt it would be possible.

Basically you would take idea 1 and do it on the fallujah map, or the ports of the old arma city(i forget what it was called afgany or something). While we would have to download a special addon it would make the event better, because zargabad is just so small and we would get away from the same city we have played in 5000000000000 times before. Of course if you don't want to go the addon route then I guess you could consider my vote for Idea 1 instead of other.
        I'd like to mess with addons but for simplicity sake I'm going to run with the assumption no custom islands will be running on server at time of event, so to eliminate the need to download anything other than the running version of ACE I'm going to run with Zargabad.

Plus there's a lot you can do with that town that I don't think has been done yet. I'm hoping the focus on tight MOUT combat, ambushes round every corner, dhskms turning streets into killzones and such might make things a bit more interesting.

Comment

Reason 1 : Zargabad
          Reason 2 : Defensive operations are a lot easier in ArmAII

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Idea 1 is winning by one vote at this time, anyone who hasn't voted yet do so now or forever hold your peace, poll closes in 1 week at which time I will request server time and finish up the mission making half.

Comment

Update - Server time requested, next Saturday - April 2nd for 1400 GMT / 1900 EDT, awaiting admin okay atm however.

There's still a day or two left on the polls, however I think given idea 1's lead and the short amount of time left that it would be unlikely for idea 2 to catch up and overtake. So I shall start working on this tomorrow night when I get back home! Signup thread to go up about the same time.

Thanks for voting all!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X